The simFlight Network Forums

wide fs on desktop

i have a registered fsuipc, and a registered wide fs. I use this already for a long time on 2 computers together with as2004.5, fs realtime fsacars etc. I am really happy with it, and i couldn't without it.

The question is, i upgraded wide fs to the latest version, i am no computer expert, so setting up everything the first time was a learning stage for me.

it's working fine now, but i get everyime on my desktop beside to the shortcut for widefs a small widefs icoon resambling a textnote ( i don't now the english word for it, i am using a dutch xp version. I tride to hide the folder but it's coming back everytime.

Any suggestions how not to have this on desktop.

regards

a happy user

Rick

it's working fine now, but i get everyime on my desktop beside to the shortcut for widefs a small widefs icoon resambling a textnote ( i don't now the english word for it, i am using a dutch xp version. I tride to hide the folder but it's coming back everytime.

Any suggestions how not to have this on desktop.

I'm sorry, but nothing in any of my programs puts anything on desktops. WideFS doesn't create folders, doesn't create icons, doesn't touch the Registry. It does nothing of that sort. If you have something on your desktop, either you or another program must be putting it there.

Are you sure you installed WideFS into a disk folder and didn't just put it on the desktop yourself? WideFS comes in a ZIP file and you are free to put the WideClient.EXE file wherever you like. Maybe you put that and the INI file for it on your desktop? If you delete the INI file, WideClient will make another one, of course. It needs one in order to run, and it needs the parameter inside which tells it what Server to use.

Right-click on it and check the Properties. You should be able to find out where it is coming from.

It is best to install WideClient.exe and WideClient.ini into a folder, usually in the same folder as the main application program you want to run. If you want an icon on the desktop, drag a shortcut to the desktop NOT the program.

Regards,

Pete