The simFlight Network Forums

Too small FSPUIC window

Hello,

thank a lot for this soft and the new dimension gives by your software.

I have a problem with the window of FSPUIC.

When I star the soft, the small new windows is too small to permit

A picture speeks more than a long text...

fspuic5te.jpg

Do you have a tips ?

Regards

I have a problem with the window of FSPUIC.

When I star the soft, the small new windows is too small to permit

A picture speeks more than a long text...

fspuic5te.jpg

Do you have a tips ?

I didn't see any picture, but I can guess what it looks like.

This happens rarely (about six times to my knowledge in 5 years), but it seems to be due to a mismatch between the standard Windows libraries for dialogues and the extended library for common controls (COMCTL2.DLL) which is used to get the tabbed "property sheets".

FSUIPC uses all standard Windows facilities and none of the Window dimensions or font sizes, and so on, are set by FSUIPC, but scaled according to your video drivers and screen settings.

I think that what must happen is that sometimes video drivers (maybe other programs too?) install a version of the COMCTL2.DLL which is not truly compatible with the version of Windows you have installed. I think you need to find a way to restore the correct copy. At worst this may mean a reinstallation of Windows, but possibly there will be a way of telling it to update that one library.

Regards

Pete

6 times in 5 years ?!

I'm a real (un)lucky man 8)

I'm not close my computer for this moment but I will test your proposition this evening.

I agree with you about the origin of this problem, it's most a Windows mistake than your software preblem.

If I found a solution, I will give your the method.

Have a nice day.

YES !!!

The new version work without problem !!!

thank you Pete

Good. Can you tell me exactly what you did, in case I get another case this year? :wink: Was it a later video driver, or did you find the COMCTL2.DLL somewhere and install it?

Regards,

Pete