The simFlight Network Forums

Monitoring current way point index with FSUIPC

I generate some flight plans with FS in 'High Altitude, Low Altitude or VOR' mode. This produces files with a number of way points.

I would like to monitor continuously the current way point index for the loaded flight plan. I found that offset 616C informs the 'current way point index'. However, it starts with 1 and seems not at all to increment the index during the flight.

Offset 6120 informs the total number of waypoints of a flight plan. This number however, is reported correctly.

Anyone has experience with this or knows how to setup the system in order to receive the correct current waypoint index in offset 616C during a flight ?

Thanks,

Patrick Tanghe

I would like to monitor continuously the current way point index for the loaded flight plan. I found that offset 616C informs the 'current way point index'. However, it starts with 1 and seems not at all to increment the index during the flight.

That's odd. Perhaps my informer has identified it incorrectly. How about the other fields giving waypoint IDs, lat/lon/alt information, even bearings and ETE's?

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here, having never used either the FS planner nor the GPS facilities. The information on the contents of those offsets was all provided to me by others. I had assumed they had tested it.

Maybe the current waypoint index is in another (undocumented) location. Maybe FSInterrogate will help find it?

Regards

Pete