The simFlight Network Forums

IPCSERVER Questions

My simulation group recently acquired a copy of IPSERVER from Project Magenta (Schiratti).

It is my understanding that you wrote the code, so I'm addressing this question to you.

We used FSInterrograte, IPCServer, and Magenta to test the system. Worked successfully!

The brief note on IPCServer Introduction stated that "Any software that can read/write FSUIPC offsets and connects to Flight Simulator cann connect to IPCServer". I interpretted this to mean that it would work with the sample code you provided in your FSUIPC_SDK. I tried several of the examples, none worked.

Do I have to modify the sample code to work with IPCSERVER?

Could you please provide some help on this?

IPCSERVER is an outstanding contribution to simulator enthusists !!!

Thanks,

Al Adkins

alfred.adkins@comcast.net

The brief note on IPCServer Introduction stated that "Any software that can read/write FSUIPC offsets and connects to Flight Simulator cann connect to IPCServer". I interpretted this to mean that it would work with the sample code you provided in your FSUIPC_SDK. I tried several of the examples, none worked.

Do I have to modify the sample code to work with IPCSERVER?

The other programs you mention all use the same base code fron the SDK that the examples do. What exactly do you mean by "none worked" in this context? What specific example (I only provided one, the Hello one in the C part of the SDK. The others are copies for different languages).

Regards

Pete

I know I'm missing something basic, so bear with me. When I run the hello.exe file in UIPC_SDK_C (IPCServer running), I get a pop-up message

box with a header "UIPCHello: Failed to open link to FSUIPC". The following text is in the box "Maybe running on WideClient, but FS not running on Server, or wrong FSUIPC" Clicking on OK. terminates.

Similar results with UIPC_SDK_MFC but also get a UIPC HELLO Demo message box with "Sim is: unknown, FSUIPC Version: unknown, FSClock: unknown."

I though I should have at least seen data for the FSClock if it was connecting since FSINTERROGATE SHOWS the time fields filled in on IPCSERVER.

SINCE THIS WORKS WITH FSINTEROGATE, I'm at a loss why I'm not getting a connection with the sample code.

Thanks,

Al Adkins

alfred.adkins@comcast.net

I know I'm missing something basic, so bear with me. When I run the hello.exe file in UIPC_SDK_C (IPCServer running), I get a pop-up message

box with a header "UIPCHello: Failed to open link to FSUIPC". The following text is in the box "Maybe running on WideClient, but FS not running on Server, or wrong FSUIPC" Clicking on OK. terminates.

I'll check here when I get time. Maybe the version check or something, though, as I say, the same SDK code is used in the others. It may be Tuesday before I can get to this.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Just a reminder. Have you had a chance to test your FSUIPC_SDK examples with IPCServer?

I was about to do this when I realised that, although IPCserver did start out as a free-standing program which I could use, at Mr. Schiratti's request it became, instead, a DLL which is subservient to the whims of the program which drives it. Consequently, without a lot of help from Enrico on this I can't really investigate. I don't have a setup here which uses it at all. The problem may be related to the way the system is now being driven.

I asked Enrico about this and he said he'd contact you.

Regards,

Pete

Success!!!

Mr. Schiratti showed me it worked with the version he had. I noticed that he was running a version of IPCServer numbered 9.011. I was using version 9.10.

He sent me the older version 9.011 and your FSUIPC SDK examples worked flawlessly. the 9.10 version appears to be a little buggy or didn't install (register) properly on our machine.

Thanks for all your help.

Al Adkins