The simFlight Network Forums

Error on client pre-Connection Select

1219 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused.

All the Windows Sockets documentation says about that is:

Connection refused.

No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host—that is, one with no server application running.

So it sounds like either the Server wasn't running, or it isn't registered, or the Client is addressing the wrong server or the protocols don't match or there's some blockage between them.

That's about all I know. It becomes a matter of eliminating each possibility till you find it.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete!

I have the same problem! FS9 is waiting for client, Client wait for connection (see attachment). I am using FSUPIC 3.40 and WideFS 6.23 - both registered. Maybe samething missing on WideClient.ini or will I use a newer version FSUIPC and Wide FS.

My PC worked with WinXP pro, AMD 64 3200, ASUS A8N-SLI With two PX6600 GT PCI Expres and 1GB RAM.

Best regards

Igor Perne

perne.igor@siol.net

********* WideClient.DLL Log [version 6.23] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 08/05/05, Time 11:13:43.680: Client name is WINME-GORAN

59 Attempting to connect now

21049 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out

21401 Ready to try connection again

21412 Attempting to connect now

PLEASE SEE WideFS documentation for parameter details

;=====================================================

[Config]

Port=8002

Window=381,251,886,589

Visible=Yes

ServerIPAddr=192.168.2.100

; -----------------------------------------------

ButtonScanInterval=20

ClassInstance=0

NetworkTiming=5,1

PollInterval=2000

ResponseTime=18

Timeout=12

TCPcoalesce=No

UseTCPIP=Yes

WaitForNewData=500

[user]

Log=Errors+

;===============================================

I have the same problem!

It isn't the same -- the earlier problem was a "Connection Refused" not a "Connection Timed-Out". I haven't seen Windows report that before.

However, you are using very old versions of both FSUIPC and WideFS. Sorry, but I cannot possibly support those. Please first upgrade to the current released -- 3.48 for FSUIPC and 6.47 for WideFS. Don't forget to change both Client and Server parts of WideFS.

If you still have a problem you need to show both logs -- WideClient and WideServer.

Regards,

Pete

Hallo Pete!

I am trying to connection again WideServer and Client with both FSUIPC and WideFS new version. Both Server and Client Waiting for connection. The results are likeness as before! Is anything see go wrong bellow?

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 6.47] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 09/05/05, Time 18:53:28.375: Server name is GLAVNI

31281 Initialising TCP/IP server

31281 Initialising IPX/SPX server

31281 ServerNode=0.0.4352.12504.54045

42500 Restarting service due to total lack of use

********* WideClient Log [version 6.47] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 09/05/05, Time 18:54:33.610: Client name is WINME-GORAN

75 Attempting to connect now

21050 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out

21075 Ready to try connection again

21085 Attempting to connect now

212015 ****** End of session performance summary ******

212015 Total time connected = 0 seconds

212015 Reception maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

212015 Transmission maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

212015 Max receive buffer = 0, Max send depth = 0, Send frames lost = 0

212015 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 0, Alloc 0 Freed 0 Refused 0) *********

; PLEASE SEE WideFS documentation for parameter details

;=====================================================

[Config]

Port=8002

Window=381,251,886,589

Visible=Yes

ServerIPAddr=192.168.2.100

; -----------------------------------------------

ButtonScanInterval=20

ClassInstance=0

NetworkTiming=5,1

PollInterval=2000

ResponseTime=18

Timeout=12

TCPcoalesce=No

UseTCPIP=Yes

WaitForNewData=500

[user]

Log=Errors+

;===============================================

Regards,

Igor

I am trying to connection again WideServer and Client with both FSUIPC and WideFS new version. Both Server and Client Waiting for connection. The results are likeness as before! Is anything see go wrong bellow?

Well, there's no error other than the fact that the WideServer is never told about the Client, and the Client is told there's a timeout. Is the IPaddress correct? Why don't you use the Server name instead (GLAVNI), it is easier and avoids mistakes?

Something is evidently blocking WideClient -- it isn't being allowed through to WideServer at all. The Windows error 10060 "connection timed out" is simply described in Microsoft documentation as "the connection failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time". Fat lot of good that is! :(

Check your settings for the Ethernet adaptors and the TCP/IP protocol. Check you have no third party firewall or other program interfering. There's nothing WideFS can do if the Windows software won't connect the two parts of the program. Really all I know is in the documentation -- have you been through all the possibilities listed there?

If you cannot get anywhere with this I would advise seeking help from someone who knows about Networks. Try Katy Pluta over in the FS2004 Forum. She's always been helpful in this area.

Regards,

Pete

[Error=10060] Connection timed out

I've just discovered that this very error is produced after a number of seconds if the Windows XP firewall is enabled on the Server. This is with SP2 at least. I actually found this out when trying a different program (VNC) on a new PC I'm just installing, but it is bound to apply to WideFS too.

It is very annoying because the server wirewall does not even come up with a message saying that such-and-such is requiring access, "do you want to allow it or not?" I think ZoneAlarm and other firewalls do at least allow you to configure around them for trusted uses.

Maybe there's a way of configuring this in XP's firewall. Have a look. I normally have software firewalls off because my Internet connection is through a router with a firewall in any case.

Regards,

Pete