The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC.log

How can I tell from this which gauge needs accrediting, please?

1988953 Client Application: "fs9" (Id=3524)

1988953 K:\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe

1988953 Product="Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight"

1988953 Company="Microsoft Corporation"

1989063 Illegal read attempt: offset 02B8, size 4 [P3524]

1989063Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

1991844 ### IPC Message processed in 2781mSecs ###

1992063 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

John Hinson

How can I tell from this which gauge needs accrediting, please?

1988953 Client Application: "fs9" (Id=3524)

1988953 K:\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe

1988953 Product="Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight"

1988953 Company="Microsoft Corporation"

1989063 Illegal read attempt: offset 02B8, size 4 [P3524]

1989063Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

Ah. I'm afraid whatever is doing this, a GAUge or DLL, is using an incorrect way to interface to FSUIPC. Internal programs such as gauges and modules are provided with an efficient direct interface to FSUIPC inside FS, and they always have been right back to FS2000 nearly six years ago.

The way this program is accessing FSUIPC is rather inefficient, and it can cause problems with other internal programs too. There is no way I can determine what it is because the interface it uses doesn't tell me -- it looks like an external EXE program but it isn't, so I just see FS9 itself as the caller.

Sorry. This may work okay with a fully user registered FSUIPC, provided you don't get any other conflicting add-ons or add-ins, but there's no way at all to get it registered as a freeware or even payware application.

If it is a maintained product I suggest you ask the author to look at changing it to use FSUIPC correctly. If it is long dead, as I suspect, then all I can suggest is either find an alternative which is written correctly, or purchase an FSUIPC user registration and hope that no conflicts with this program will arise in future.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks, Peter,

I think this answers a lot of questions, actually.

My suspicions are that it is RKG_speed.gau which is one of a set of freeware add-ons that show True Air Speed amongst a lot of other things, like fuel calculation. I used this in a panel I released publicly a while back - many users reported system crashes but I couldn't recreate these.

It is only now that I have a temporary FS installation for testing (I haven't entered my FSUIPC registration) whilst my proper machine is kaput that I have discovered how planes with this gauge are causing system crashes.

There was mention of a update many years back but I suspect it has now fallen into history. A shame, given how useful these gauge it are.

Once again, many thanks,

John