The simFlight Network Forums

Pb wih FSUIPC and ILH_TCAS2.gau

Hi,

I've got a problem with the ILH_TCAS2.gau gauge : I used it in a panel downloaded on the web (E.Marciano's Airbus panel customized by Gilbert) but FSUIPC returned to me a warning message to inform this gauge wasn't registered. That seems to me not correct because this gauge is free for the author: Lee Hetherington (I saw this information in a readme file of the author, but I'm going to write to him to confirm this fact).

So my question is: if that gauge is really free, why doesn't your web site page that gives the free keys for FSUIPC notice this one please?

Thanks in advance for your response, and thanks a new time for your great job!

PS: I'm not a registered user of FSUIPC.

I've got a problem with the ILH_TCAS2.gau gauge : I used it in a panel downloaded on the web (E.Marciano's Airbus panel customized by Gilbert) but FSUIPC returned to me a warning message to inform this gauge wasn't registered. That seems to me not correct because this gauge is free for the author: Lee Hetherington (I saw this information in a readme file of the author, but I'm going to write to him to confirm this fact).

I have no record of an ILH_TCAS2 gauge. No one has ever applied for a key for such a gauge. The Lee Hetherington gauges which have been issued keys, and which have them built in for automatic access as far as I know, are:

ILH_TCAS, ILH_TCAS_B1900D, PAD_ILH_TCAS, and ILH_TCAS8

Yours is possibly one of these but re-named, which would be why it won't register correctly.

So my question is: if that gauge is really free, why doesn't your web site page that gives the free keys for FSUIPC notice this one please?

Because I cannot possibly know all of the freeware that is out there, and most of it which does access FSUIPC has keys built in which have been supplied on request. There is no way I can take responsibility for every one else's software. I have enough to do as it is!

Please address your concerns to whoever made your panel and presumably incorrectly re-named the gauge.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes, I reasoned in the same way: the gauge had been renamed because I found a post in your FAQ which speaks about another self-registered version of the gauge, always with the ILH_TCAS not TCAS2 name!

So I tried to rename the file and modify the panel.cfg: what a chance I ahd! The malfunction disappeared :D

Thanks a lot for your response.

Thanks a new time for your nice job!

Regards,

Greg