The simFlight Network Forums

INTERFACE BETWEEN FSinterrogate e Matlab/Simulink

Hi Pete,

Now the problem is getting more complicated!

Do you think it's possible to get the results from FSInterrogate.exe and transfer them in real time to Matlab/Simulink?

I know that FSinterrogate can export the results..but I need to transfer this results ( in my case accelerations ax-ay-az) to a model in Matlab Simulink in real time, not in fixed values. I need that my Simulink model acquire this variable accelerations directly from FSinterrogate.

Thank you for your suggestions

:?:

As far as I know (Pete should correct me if I'm wrong), FSInterrogate writes to a file. I don't know if and how you could use a 'named pipe' to supply a file stream to Simulink.

Furthermore, FSInterrogate won't accept a file for input, so the real-time capabilities you're pursuing are restricted to visualizing only (i.e. no flight control).

The best thing you could try to do is to use an S-function in Simulink and use the FSUIPC API directly without FSInterrogate. A Simulink S-function is basically a C-program in which you are required to implement about six callback functions. Remember to select MSVC++ as your compiler, so you can include the FSUIPC API in it. If I remember correctly, there is some sample code to implement a (more or less) realtime ADC included with Simulink. Let me know if you don't find it. I'll look it up then (I don't have Matlab here right now). In that case, please also specify your Simulink version.

Good luck,

J.

Do you think it's possible to get the results from FSInterrogate.exe and transfer them in real time to Matlab/Simulink?

I've never heard of "Matlab/Simulink", but you should realise that FSInterrogate is only an investigative tool, an example of a program written to obtain information from FS via FSUIPC.

If you want to read data from FSUIPC, interface to it directly. The FSUIPC SDK is available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson. Take a look.

Regards,

Pete