My set-up:

Computer 1- FS2004

WidevieW Server

Two Monitors (nvidia 6800 GT)

Registered FSUIPC and WideFS

(soon to add) copy of pmRJ Glass cock-pit

Copmputer 2- FS2004

WidevieW Client

Three monitors (ATI x800 PE and ATI radeon 7000 series)

Registered FSUIPC and WideFS

(soon to add) copy of pmRJ Glass Cock-pit

What I want to do is run FS on computer #1 with second view using wideview on computer #2, and also run project magenta softwear on both PC's. I have no problem doing it on PC #1, but I can not do it on #2 because I am unable to run a copy of FS2004 and widefs at the same time...or am I? If I could, I could then do it, that way having pmRJ Glass cockpit on two monitors. I chose this way because although PC#2 has three monitors (2 video cards), one of the cards is not very good with the project magenta softwear.

Jim

... I am unable to run a copy of FS2004 and widefs at the same time...or am I?

WideClient can be run alongside FS, but only by setting it up with a different Class name. Please see the ClassInstance parameter documented in the WideFS documentation.

It needs to have a different class name because the way client applications link to the IPC interface in FSUIPC is by finding the program with the classname FS98MAIN, which is FS's own. You can't have two running in the same PC and expect the application to link correctly, so this circumstance is prevented. In fact FS itself won't load if WideClient is running, and vice versa.

The ClassInstance parameter does get around that problem, but then you have another. You now need to get the application programs to link to the new Class name instead of FS98MAIN. That requires a change in them. I don't think that there are any programs being distributed at present which offer such an option. It would be something you'd need to request from the author(s).

Regards,

Pete