The simFlight Network Forums

FS 2004, PocketFMS, Asus 620BT, no altitude

Hi all,

I've succeeded in coupling FS2004 to my Asus 620 BT, running PocketFMS. The only problem is, I don't get an altitude readout. It stays at 0 (zero) . Anyone noticed the same problem/ solved this /any ideas ?

Greetz, Marc from Eindhoven

member of FlightSim club Touch & Go

I've succeeded in coupling FS2004 to my Asus 620 BT, running PocketFMS. The only problem is, I don't get an altitude readout. It stays at 0 (zero)

You don't mention it, but I assume you are using my GPSout DLL?

If so, which NMEA sentences have you enabled? The RMC and RMA sentences don't carry the altitude. I think you need the GGA sentence, or the proprietary Garmin PGRMZ sentence. The non-NMEA protocol AV400 also carries it.

The origin of NMEA protocols lies with marine applications, where I suppose altitude had a low priority! :wink:

Maybe the documentation for PocketFMS says what it accepts?

Regards,

Pete

Hi all,

I'm not used to write in forums trying to find someone who solves my problems, but I've been looking for a solution for many hours and days and I'm getting crazy.

A few days ago, I bought a USB - Bluetooth key, and windows installed it. Now, with Windows XP SP2 bluetooth utility I know that I have 2 new COM ports, 3 & 4, but when I run FS9 (GPSout.dll is in modules folder) my PDA can't detect any com port in my computer. Only when a run ActiveSync, my PDA detects COM3 in my PC.

I dont know what I'm doing wrong, but I've read a lot of forums posts, Mr. Peter Dowson's readme and a lot of web pages talking about it.

Please, Have somebody haven a trouble like this?

Pau

Now, with Windows XP SP2 bluetooth utility I know that I have 2 new COM ports, 3 & 4, but when I run FS9 (GPSout.dll is in modules folder) my PDA can't detect any com port in my computer. Only when a run ActiveSync, my PDA detects COM3 in my PC.

How can a PDA detect COM ports on a PC? Surely you need to run a program in the PC to detect COM ports in a PC? It is the PDA's duty to detect its own COM ports, if that's what it has -- I see no way possible for a PDA to find anything inside a PC.

I'm obviously not understanding much of what you say.

If it is any consolation, I have an Ipaq connected via USB which "syncs" okay, but I see no way to address its serial port, if it has one. I think you have to stop the ActiveSync program altogether -- when installed it runs at start up and presumably takes over the appropriate port exclusively.

No doubt someone here will know more about this stuff than I.

Regards,

Pete