The simFlight Network Forums

Levle D's new Boeing 767 lights cfg with fsuipc and Wideview

Since you have cleverly programmed each aircraft light with it's own light switch, my Wideview program can no longer control them via Lan. It seems that there is no keystroke designation for either light. I have looked at both LD767 and FS menus but I dont see them. Is it possible to get a list of all lights controller assignments and keystokes assignments for 767 posted here. The developers at Wideview and I are trying to see how we can transmit these functions via network.

So basically when I switch the outside lights on on my panel server Pc, there is no effect on the view client PCs. I and many other cockpit builders would appreciate any assistance.

This is my original post @ Flight1 and I was told that you might be able to help Mr Dowson.

Here's a pic of my Sim.

exhibit_b767_010.jpg

Since you have cleverly programmed each aircraft light with it's own light switch, my Wideview program can no longer control them via Lan. It seems that there is no keystroke designation for either light. I have looked at both LD767 and FS menus but I dont see them. Is it possible to get a list of all lights controller assignments and keystokes assignments for 767 posted here. The developers at Wideview and I are trying to see how we can transmit these functions via network.

So basically when I switch the outside lights on on my panel server Pc, there is no effect on the view client PCs. I and many other cockpit builders would appreciate any assistance.

This is my original post @ Flight1 and I was told that you might be able to help Mr Dowson

Sorry. I've not idea why they would send you to me. If there are no keystrokes and no added FS controls to control the lights in that cockpit, then I have no solution.

I am not going to hack into their software to find their switches -- it is up to them to publish methods for folks to use their software. I very much doubt that Flight1 intended for me to hack their software!

I assume you can switch the lights by mouse click? If so then you can use Luciano Napolitano's Key2mouse program -- but of course it means having the light switches on screen to be clicked.

Regards,

Pete

I completely understand and that was not what I had in mind (hacking 8) ) but that is precisely my point. I don't want to put lights gauges on my window views. I do appreciate any assistance from you, though, once I convince them to post the control assignments.

I do appreciate any assistance from you, though, once I convince them to post the control assignments.

I expect there are none in the code. Many gauge programmers seem to think that having mousable hotspots on screen is all that is needed. The provision of keyboard or control support isn't automatic, it has to be included in the programming.

I don't understand why they would do their own thing. It isn't as if FS is too short of light switch controls. These are supported in FS:

0 Navigation

1 Beacon

2 Landing

3 Taxi

4 Strobes

5 Instruments

6 Recognition

7 Wing

8 Logo

9 Cabin

With only some extension (eg for separate inboard and outboard landing lights, and adding taxi turnoff and wheel well lights) the FS allocations should have been usable. I don't know why they decided to bypass them.

Regards,

Pete