The simFlight Network Forums

A.I.Smoothe

I wonder if you can help

I have been using The beta version of AI Smoothe along side the previous (registered version) of FSUIPC and all has worked well

I have recently upgraded AI Smoothe to Version 1 which requires the latest version of FSUIPC Which I have downloaded and installed

The problems I get are that I now no longer get a distance or eta value with AI smoothe and also aircraft seem relectant to land ie aborting the landing at the last second

is there a value in the ini file that I Should change

Regards

Ian Tatton

is there a value in the ini file that I Should change

No, sorry. Maybe you have found a problem in the new AISmooth. You should contact the author. I really know nothing about it. The only reason it needs the very latest FSUIPC is for the bank and pitch values it can now read for the aircraft, so it can make the AI turns more realistic-looking. FSUIPC is not actively involved in what it does, it is only acting as the channel to FS for it to work.

I've been running it here with no problems, but I don't really know what you mean about distance or ETA values -- I just let it do its thing in the background. Are there values to read?

Regards,

Pete

THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY

IT WOULD APPEAR THAT THE VERSION I HAVE DOES NOT LIKE TO WORK WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF FSUIPC

MY PROBLEM NOW IS THAT A I NEED A COPY OF THE PREVIOUS FSUIPC TO WORK WITH VERSION 09.2 OF AISMOOTHE

WHERE COULD I GET THAT

REGARDS

IAN

THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY

IT WOULD APPEAR THAT THE VERSION I HAVE DOES NOT LIKE TO WORK WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF FSUIPC

Please turn caps lock off -- it comes across as shouting!

The latest version of AISmooth needs the latest version of FSUIPC simply because it uses the addional information provided. That's all. There have been no other changes which can affect it.

MY PROBLEM NOW IS THAT A I NEED A COPY OF THE PREVIOUS FSUIPC TO WORK WITH VERSION 09.2 OF AISMOOTHE

No you don't. There are no changes in FSUIPC that will stop AISmooth 0.92 working with the current version any better or worse than it did with the previous version. Programs are rarely dependent upon specific FSUIPC versions. Just use FSUIPC 3.48.

If you have a problem with AISmooth 1.00 you should certainly report it to the author. Just going back to a Beta version does not help anyone.

Regards,

Pete