gps output not being recieved by ipaq

Using FS 2000

FSUPIC 3.48 added to modules

GPS v 2.57 added to modules modified as follows:

sentences=RMC,GSA,PGRMZ,GGA

interval 1000

Port=com1

speed=9600

all the above are properly activated properly be removing the semicolon from in front of the statement.

connected from pc to ipaq via serial cable to docking cradle

running anywhere map

selected NMEA speed 9,600,com1

confirmed ipaq and computer are connected

Still no gps input. Did restart of FS and computer and anywhere map about 20 times still no output from computer to ipaq. any suggestions.

By the way one of my close friends here in SF is the president of the Railroad museum in Rio Vista CA, also some great contacts at the Sacramento state railway museum and another contact thru our church is closely related to the the SF rail museum so when you come to SF we can go to quite a few places. David Tudor 415 563-4803

confirmed ipaq and computer are connected

How did you do that?

Still no gps input. Did restart of FS and computer and anywhere map about 20 times still no output from computer to ipaq. any suggestions.

I can't check it on FS2000 these days I'm afraid, but there shouldn't be a problem from the PC end. Go to http://www.systeminternals.com and download PortMon. Set that to monitor the output COM port (do this before loading FS). You should then see the NMEA strings going out at intervals.

After that it is all up to the connection and the program at the other end.

I don't know Anywhere Map. but maybe that needs some settings somewhere? Sorry, I cannot help much -- provided that the data is being thrown out of the PC the rest is something I have no control over.

when you come to SF we can go to quite a few places.

Er, yesthanks! There's a big 'IF' in there too! I don't really get about much nowadays except with my good lady wife. Eyes getting worse week by week. I did visit the Railway Museum in Sacramento a couple of years ago though.

Regards,

Pete