The simFlight Network Forums

Question before purchase FSUIPC

Hi pete,

I 'm a user of FSUIPC since few months.

Right now, I would like to buy the licence (as I read, for two years: is that?), but first I have a question before do that:

My question regarding , if I'm able to use the Goflight's modules with majors FS'add-ons like PMDG, F1 ATR 72-500, B767 Level-D via FSUIPC:

One of the cool things of FSUIPC is the possibility to use Goflight modules

with theses aircrafts thru your program...

Is it right, or is it just for some primary functions, with a very hard programming , before using the modules:

For example, if I want to use the MCP module (Auto-pilot from goflight)

under my B737 PMDG , or my F1' ATRS :to select HDG, Lvl, backcourse, or/and using with the RP-48'module (rotating knobs, and push buttons) : using for altimeter setting, display EFIS select, etc , may I use FSUIPC for that? or is it definitively not possible.....

I wish to read you soon pete,

Regards

Gilles

Right now, I would like to buy the licence (as I read, for two years: is that?)

What do you mean "for two years"? The current sales of FSUIPC are for Version 3 and cover the life of Version 3, however long that may be. There's no work being carried out on a Version 4 yet -- that would depend on whether any future versions of FS need substantial re-writes.

My question regarding , if I'm able to use the Goflight's modules with majors FS'add-ons like PMDG, F1 ATR 72-500, B767 Level-D via FSUIPC:

I don't know all those aircraft. If they provide keystroke capabilities for everything you need, then, yes it is possible. If they only provide functions usable with the mouse, then you might be able to do it but you would probably need Luciano Napolitano's Key2Mouse to convert keystrokes (programmed in FSUIPC) into mouse movements and clicks on screen.

I think the PMDG ones provide keystroke capability for most things. I should think the Level D 767 would do (their previous effort, the Wilco 767PIC did, after all), but I don't know anything about the ATR72.

FSUIPC doesn't drive the indicators and readouts on any GoFlight modules, but there is an addon for FSUIPC called GFdisplay (downloadable from the Schiratti site too) which will. Unfortunately though it isn't terribly intuitive to program -- though plenty of examples are provided, they are for the default FS stuff and Project Magenta.

Even if you do manage with GFdisplay, many of these sophisticated aircraft do not use the FS autopilot, and their A/P control read-outs (those on the MCP) are not always available to send to any display in any case. This is certainly the case with PMDG (though some folks have found FSUIPC locations by hacking), and probably the 767.

So, sorry to be inconclusive. I suggest you seek opinions of those who are already trying these things. Certainly there are folks using GF modules on the PMDG aircraft. Maybe some will see your message here, but you might also get feedback on the GoFlight forum (is there one?) and the support fora of the individual aircraft.

I think GoFlight themselves are also coming out with some software to provide more flexible programming for their modules, so you might want to check that possibility also before spending any (more) money. :wink:

Regards

Pete