The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Programmatically shutdown engine

Hi -

Anyone know how to cause an engine failure using FSUIPC programmatically? I've tried setting a bunch of things to zero using several FSUIPC_Write & one FSUIPC_Process commands (for engine #1), with no apparent luck. I need to make an engine fail - permanently (for the duration of the flight) and would prefer not to set the mixture to 0 - as the pilot could then just (I presume) re-adjust the mixture and start the engine. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Anyone know how to cause an engine failure using FSUIPC programmatically? I've tried setting a bunch of things to zero using several FSUIPC_Write & one FSUIPC_Process commands (for engine #1), with no apparent luck.

First of all, try out various things using FSInterrogate rather than rewriting and recompiling programs. It will be much quicker and less error prone. FSInterrogate can write to any FSUIPC offset as well as read them all.

Have you tried using any of the failure controls? The engine ones are at 0B6B, part of a list there. Another list appears at 3BD6.

Regards,

Pete

You can fail engines by setting bits in offset 0B6B:

TempByte = 0

TempByte = TempByte or Bit0 <= fails Engine No. 1

FSUIPC_Write(0B6B, 1, TempByte, dwResult)

FSUIPC_Process(dwResult)

For repairing the engine, use TempByte = TempByte and not Bit0

Good luck!

CATIII