IVAP Offsets ?

Guest goose30

Guest goose30

Hello,

i am trying to write the IVAP offset for the Transponder Mode :

0x7b91 1 Transponder Mode

charlie = 0

standby = 1

can i write the FSUIPC Offset 0x7b91 to set the transponder to mode Charlie ?

Matthias

can i write the FSUIPC Offset 0x7b91 to set the transponder to mode Charlie ?

Yes, if you want to. Why not?

Are you writing a program for this, or do you just mean programming a key or button? If the latter simply go to FSUIPC's Keys or Buttons options (ALT M F, select appropriate Tab), and use the facilities provided. The "Offset" controls are all listed in the drop down. Choose the appropriate one (probably "Offset Byte Set") set the offset (x7b91) and the parameter value (0 or 1).

If you are writing a program to do this you need the FSUIPC SDK from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

Regards,

Pete

Guest goose30

Hello,

i have tried it by setting the FSUIPC offset to 0 or 1

and after that FSUIPC_Process

var
   tp : byte; 

begin
    tp := 0; // also tested with 1
    FSUIPC_Write($7b91, 1, @tp, dwResult);
    FSUIPC_Process(dwResult);
end;

Hmm, but Transponder will not change

Matthias

i have tried it by setting the FSUIPC offset to 0 or 1

and after that FSUIPC_Process

Ah, so it is from a program you are trying to do this. It is easier to help once I know! :-)

Can you check that your program is actually working correctly first, please. Use the facilities provided -- Logging options page, enable IPC Write logging and check from the log that your program is working. You can also use the FSUIPC Monitoring (right-hand side of the Logging options page). Just set 7B91 as the offset as type U8 and see if your program changes it.

If it doesn't, then you have a problem in your program. If it does, then the rest is up to the program that is reading that offset. Squawkbox?

Regards,

Pete

Guest goose30

Hi Pete,

the programm works correct ( reads also all another datas from FSUIPC )

But the offset will also change !

Here from the FSUIPC Log File :

709672 WRITE0 [P1272] 7B91, 1 bytes: 00

709703 Monitor IPC:7B91 (S8) = 0

after pressing my button :

711312 WRITE0 [P1272] 7B91, 1 bytes: 01

711328 Monitor IPC:7B91 (S8) = 1

Hmm, but the Transponder knoob from IVAP will do nothing and also the status from the transponder leave unchanged.

I hav tested it by running IVAC simultan.

What can i do ?

Is it correct that the knoob from ivap will not turn to TX or stby when i change the offset ?

Matthias

PS: The offset will also leave unchanged if i change the Transponder Status with the knoob in IVAO ????

the programm works correct ( reads also all another datas from FSUIPC )

But the offset will also change !

That's okay then.

Hmm, but the Transponder knoob from IVAP will do nothing and also the status from the transponder leave unchanged.

In that case the problem obviously lies with IVAP. Sorry, but this offset is a private one allocated to Squawkbox 3. FSUIPC itself does nothing with it. If the value is changing as you require, then that is the job done as far as FSUIPC is concerned. The rest is completely up to Squawkbox.

Is it correct that the knoob from ivap will not turn to TX or stby when i change the offset ?

Sorry, I have no idea. This is a question for them. I do not even have the program in question. I do not fly on-line. Sorry.

Regards,

Pete

I hav tested it by running IVAC simultan.

The offset will also leave unchanged if i change the Transponder Status with the knoob in IVAO ????

Mattias,

Using GFDisplay (thanks Pete), FSUIPC and the GoFlight software, with a button set up to toggle Transponder mode works as expected, with the on-screen switch moving as expected, and all I have FSUIPC doing is setting the offset. Which version of IVAP are you using? There were a few problems with previous versions that Kenny fixed in the RC4 release.

Guest goose30

Hello,

i have installed the newest Verson ( v0.5.6 (RC4) ).

here are the Delphi code again :

FSUIPC is open and works with all other Requests perfect !

procedure xxx;
var
  dwResult            : DWord;
  transponder       : byte;
begin
    transponder:=0; // also tested with 1
    FSUIPC_write($7B91, 1, @transponder, dwResult);
    FSUIPC_Process(dwResult);
end;

Thats all ( for the Test )

But here nothing will canged, not the transponder status ( stby or tx ) and also not the Transponder knob from IVAP.

Pls Help

Matthias

• 2 years later...

Just to add to this discussion, this problem was discussed on the IVAO forum here

http://forum.ivao.aero/index.php/topic,67666.0.html

All reserved IvAp FSUIPC offsets work correctly with FS9, FSUIPC 3.75 and IvAp 1.3.4.1842

However, there were known bugs in FSX IvAp version 1.9.4

It seems it has been corrected with the release of version 1.9.5 See here: http://www.ivao.aero/softdev/IvAp/changelog.asp

So be sure you use the latest IvAp version for your tests (by now 1.9.6.2039)

BTW, this is only an IvAp problem

Hervé