The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC in Squawkbox setup

Peter

My FS2k2 has always had your FSUIPC version 2.97 installed and never a problem when I add software of any type, until.................

I am keen to get into VATSIM so installed the brand new 'Squawkbox version 3.0.3' which has the FSUIPC version 3.47 therein.

When I go into my FS 'modules' drop down window in the cockpit view, I can see that the version 3.47 is there but I am informed that it is an 'unregistered copy and will not provide etc, etc'.

Also, when I try to load most of my aircraft now the windows warning,"One or more programs you are using is not accredited etc,etc........."

This never ever happened with my old version of FSUIPC.

I really want to get into VATSIM but just can't. Do I have to register that version 3.47 ?

I am quite willing to purchase the necessary FSUIPC just to get going again without any problems with any of my software. Do I need to Peter?

Any help or advice would be great

Don

When I go into my FS 'modules' drop down window in the cockpit view, I can see that the version 3.47 is there but I am informed that it is an 'unregistered copy and will not provide etc, etc'.

I'm not sure about that bit about "etc etc", but certainly unless you register (.i.e. purchase) FSUIPC 3 you do not get the full facilities.

Also, when I try to load most of my aircraft now the windows warning,"One or more programs you are using is not accredited etc,etc........."

If they are freeware aircraft using FSUIPC then there are most likely freeware keys available for those. Or possibly there are updates which have those keys built in. Look in the FSUIPC,LOG file to find out which individual gauges you need to register.

This never ever happened with my old version of FSUIPC.

Registration started with version 3, that's why.

I really want to get into VATSIM but just can't. Do I have to register that version 3.47 ?

No. VATSIM uses freeware software, all of which has free access to FSUIPC 3. You do not need to pay for FSUIPC to fly on-line.

Regards,

Pete

Peter

Thanks for the swift reply and help.

Sorry about the etc, etc bit but the full text is "This copy is unregistered. It wil not provide full functionality".

Bit confused here. You say VATSIM uses free access yet I get the above warning?

Also, Peter, below is a copy from the .LOG file. I cannot understand it fully so could you advise please where the I look for the unauthorised GAUGE section to identify it?

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.47 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FS2002

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 3 seconds

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

750 System time = 14:27:32

750 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\

9000 FLIGHTS\myflts\Fokker 100 at EGKK.flt

9031 AIRCRAFT\PF Fokker-100 Tay-620\Fokker100-620.air

9203 Aircraft=""

10500 Module [M1] identified = "sbmod8.dll"

10500 Module [M1] "sbmod8.dll" access registration is okay

10500 System time = 14:27:42, FS2002 time = 14:27:41 (13:27Z)

10500 Module [M2] identified = "sbtrans8.dll"

10500 Module [M2] "sbtrans8.dll" access registration is okay

16109 FLIGHTS\myflts\A310-300 'Comet' at EGGW.flt

16109 AIRCRAFT\A310-300\a310-304-v2.air

16281 Aircraft=""

16875 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

17141 Client Application: "FS2002" (Id=2392)

17141 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\FS2002.exe

17141 Product="Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002"

17141 Company="Microsoft Corporation"

17141 Illegal read attempt: offset 0B78, size 4 [P2392]

17141Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

17156 Module [M2] identified = "sbtrans8.dll"

25875 Illegal read attempt: offset 0B80, size 4 [P2392]

25875Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

25875 ### IPC Message processed in 8734mSecs ###

26813 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

26813 ADVDRV.DLL has been patched for weather and other variables

26813 Everlasting rain/snow fix installed

39266 Aircraft="A310-300 Air Plus"

41750 Aircraft="A310-300 Air Plus"

53438 Module [M1] "sbmod8.dll" access registration is okay

Sorry to be a pain, Peter, but I seem to be going around in circles to try and sort this out

Thanks again

Don

Bit confused here. You say VATSIM uses free access yet I get the above warning?

But the two have not got anything to do with each other! The "above" text you quote is not a warning, as you seem to think! You are simply reading text on the About page.

PLEASE look again in the FSUIPC.ZIP package (or download it if you never got it). You will find a full set of user documents. Browse through the User Guide. That shows all the User Functionality you don't get till you register. Absolutely none of that is anything to do with support for application programs. It is about additional user facilities added above and beyond the basic function as an interface for programs to FS.

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.47 by Pete Dowson *********

Hmmm. You are using version 3.47 which was replaced by 3.48 some time ago. Please check the announcements at the top of this forum which lists supported versions.

However, I can still help, but not a lot I'm afraid. This section of the Log:

17141 Client Application: "FS2002" (Id=2392)

17141 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\FS2002.exe

17141 Product="Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002"

17141 Company="Microsoft Corporation"

17141 Illegal read attempt: offset 0B78, size 4 [P2392]

17141Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

shows that something in the aircraft you are using is written to interface to FSUIPC in the wrong way. It is using a method which has been incorrect now for over five years (actually, since FSUIPC was introduced for FS2000). Because of this there is no way for me to identify it, nor is there any way it can ever be accredited for use freely with FSUIPC. Furthermore, because of the incorrect way it is programmed it is actually rather a hazard to other FSUIPC interface users. If you've never had a problem before you have been lucky, or you simply have not used many programs which interface to FSUIPC.

Sorry to be a pain, Peter, but I seem to be going around in circles to try and sort this out

Hmm. Circles? Sorry, some of those must have been elsewhere then, as I think I've replied to you twice in quite a short space of time. I'm sorry if it seems so frustrating, but not many of those circles have intersected this Forum, have they?

Really, I'm afraid that the only way to resolve this is to either select a different aircraft, one which does not have a gauge incorrectly trying to interface to FSUIPC, or, possibly, to ascertain which gauge it is by a process of elimination (i.e editing the PANEL.CFG removing one gauge at a time) and thence finding a working replacement for that one gauge, or possibly looking for an update which has been fixed.

If you do choose to pay for and register FSUIPC then I expect it would work as well as it did before (at least it would bypass this accreditation check), but I would warn you that as more and more programs, gauges and DLLs use the correct interfaces to FSUIPC, the very few remaining Gauges which do it wrongly like this do stand a chance of causing problems. You can see from the Log that SB3 itself already uses two DLLs which interface legitimately to FSUIPC:

10500 Module [M1] identified = "sbmod8.dll"

10500 Module [M1] "sbmod8.dll" access registration is okay

10500 Module [M2] identified = "sbtrans8.dll"

10500 Module [M2] "sbtrans8.dll" access registration is okay

Regards,

Pete