The simFlight Network Forums

Annoyances with keys

Pete,

First off, congrats on two wonderful and useful programs! I bought WideFS some time ago, and enjoy it much, however, after entering in my new key for FSUIPC, I am encountering problems.

When I enter in the key it is accepted no problem, tells me to restart the sim now, etc. No problem!

As the sim starts up I get an error right away from XSqwakbox reporting that it could not be initialized because FSUIPC wasn't started...then, to make sure this isn't just some XSB glitch, if I startup Activesky, it cannot find FS as being used...simply put, it too cannot find FSUIPC transmitting a signal.

If I look into the FSUIPC menu within the sim, it still states I am registered for both FSUIPC and WideFS (by the way, WideFS is transmitting just fine to my other computer during this.)

If I go into the modules folder, open up the .key file, and delete the FSUIPC=xxxxxxxxx then all is well again as far as FSUIPC being recognized by other programs...what is going on?

Thanks for any help!

If I go into the modules folder, open up the .key file, and delete the FSUIPC=xxxxxxxxx then all is well again as far as FSUIPC being recognized by other programs...what is going on?

That sort of thing can happen if one of the keys is an illegally generated one -- in this case presumably the FSUIPC key looks this way. If it is a properly purchased key then I need to investigate. Please ZIP up the FSUIPC.KEY file (with the FSUIPC line intact), and a copy of the email notifying you of the key and other details (e.g. from SimMarket), and I'll get on to it. Send the ZIP to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete