The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not compatible

After installing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 A centuary of Flight I had this error message appear:

The version of FS2004 detected is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC it is build 9-01-40901 you need to correct version of FS2004 the build should be 9-00-30612.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Michael

After installing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 A centuary of Flight I had this error message appear:

The version of FS2004 detected is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC it is build 9-01-40901 you need to correct version of FS2004 the build should be 9-00-30612.

Any ideas please?

Yes, as per the Read.Me from Microsoft (!) you need to update your very old copy of FSUIPC.

Please refer to the announcements at the top of this forum for details of current supported releases. Yours pre-dates the release of the FS9.1 update last September! ("40901" = 1st September 2004, "30612" = 12th June 2003, the original FS2004 release).

Regards,

Pete

THANKS FOR REPLYING TO MY QUERY ABOUT AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING THAT bUILD SHOULD BE 9-00-30612 yOU SUGGESTED THAT I REFER TO ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM FOR DETAILS OF CURRENT SUPPORTED RELEASES. I COULD NOT SEE HOW TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE FORUM, WOULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN?

tHANKS

mICHAEL

yOU SUGGESTED THAT I REFER TO ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM FOR DETAILS OF CURRENT SUPPORTED RELEASES. I COULD NOT SEE HOW TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE FORUM, WOULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN?

1. Please turn your Caps Lock off!

2. This IS the Forum! :roll: You are IN the Forum to read my messages and send yours. How else are you doing it? Look up the list of messages and you will see Announcements and other special items of useful information ("Stickies") at the top.

Pete

Thank you for your response. I think that I did not explain myself clearly enough. In your last message you instructed to refer to the announcements at the top of the page. I see no Announcements at the top of the page. Please explain what you mean.

I hope that this is clearer.

Thank you

Thank you for your response. I think that I did not explain myself clearly enough. In your last message you instructed to refer to the announcements at the top of the page. I see no Announcements at the top of the page. Please explain what you mean.

I hope that this is clearer.

Oh dear, this is a first! How can you not see the list of messages in this Forum? How do you find my message in order to reply to it? :roll:

I said "Top of this Forum", meaning the first few threads in this Forum. Exit this message and look up the list of messages until you reach the very top. The first three are Announcements and the next four are Sticky -- they are clearly labelled as such in Bold.

In particular the third announcement is:

Announcement: List of current supported versions [25th April 2005]

and this is the one I referred you to, just to find out that the current version of FSUIPC is 3.48!

:cry:

Pete

Hi!

Thanks again for your reply. Perhaps it is because I am autistic that I am having trouble with your instructions so please be patient. I am informed by my father that you are being sarcastic, I do not understand sarcasim so cannot respond.

I will do my best to follow your instructions and hope that I can get this flight simulator to work. I have been excited about it for a long time.

Thanks

Michael

Thanks again for your reply. Perhaps it is because I am autistic that I am having trouble with your instructions so please be patient. I am informed by my father that you are being sarcastic, I do not understand sarcasim so cannot respond.

Well, not deliberately sarcastic, more completely and absolutely frustrated because I cannot explain any better how to find the Announcements. They stare you in the face at the top of the forum every time you come here!

I cannot understand how you manage to get to see my replies! How do you do that? Tell me how you managed to enter a message here and see my replies, yet still cannot see the list of messages from which to choose? Is this a sort of selective sight resulting from autism? If I understood that then perhaps I could help further!

I really cannot see how to help unless I can understand what you are seeing so differently from every one else who visits here.

I will do my best to follow your instructions

The instructions to get yourself flying were nothing to do with finding a simple announcement. I only referred to the announcements because it is those which tell you what versions of the programs to use. If you know how to find out that simple information then you'd never have the same sort of problem again, so it is my way of helping you work out how to solve your own problems from then on.

The only thing you need to do to fly in FS9.1 with FSUIPC is go get the latest FSUIPC from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson and install it into the FS modules folder. This is what I said several days (?) ago, thus:

Yes, as per the Read.Me from Microsoft (!) you need to update your very old copy of FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

May one bystander humbly suggests that the "Announcements" were not visible because one could have been linked DIRECTLY onto this thread via a seach[er].

Also, when one has an overall view, one could be have magnamously typed:

"The latest version of la-di-da-di-da ..."

There you go, much shorter and less anguish.

Btw, humility comes from realising the existence of The Autonomous Nervous System which is why science [or its proponents, in reality] will NEVER [pardon, caps off now] fathom this out. Why? cos' [a simpleton's expression, see] science's position is to augment Truth, not own it, a behaviourial aspect of the EGO.

If one has benefitted from this simplistic view, can one have an ex-gratia copy of FSUIPC for that was how one was propelled onto this thread as one's FS9 Keeerrrasshed when one's freebie FSUIPC was too dated .... be a Witness and one will realise [and not merely understand] that we don't own, amongst other principals, "our" problems.

This ownership nonsense is merely for registration such that we WILL avoid it, not own it. Ownership is a comparative egoistical principal to make us think that we can own everything, including Truth.