The simFlight Network Forums

Push to talk key for Private Voice with SB3?

I am wondering if it is possible to assign a button on my CH yoke as a PTT for private voice in SB3? I got a button working for the main PTT and want to get another for private voice. Is this poosible?

I don't know what the difference is between a public PTT and a private one, but if SB3 accepts keystrokes, then just program your button to send that keystroke.

Regards,

Pete

Forgot to mention that the SB3 is on a different comp, using WideFS. How do I send it on over to the other comp? thanks

If it accepts keypresses, program the button to a KeySend in FSUIPC and program the KeySend to do the key press in WideClient.ini. See the WideFS documentation. There are examples for TeamSpeak, I don't know if they'll work for SB3. What you need to do to get keypresses into a program depends on how it is looking for them. I just don't know any of the SB programs I'm afraid.

BTW, don't the Squawkbox crew or any of the Virtual Airlines provide any support on this stuff? I would have thought you'd be more likely to get help from those who already use it?

Regards,

Pete

thought I would post here, since I think that if I can simulate a key press on the client comp it will work.

Using KeySend to transmit the signal from FSUIPC to Wideclient should work then. Just encode the keypress you need in the WideClient.ini. Don't forget to set the parameter telling WideClient to expect these things (though if you have the 'normal' PTT working already that should be taken care of).

The keypress may need directing to the correct program too -- there are various methods discussed for doing that, the easiest being by getting the program (SB3?) loaded and run by Wideclient in the first place -- then it knows where to send it using the Run reference.

Regards,

Pete