The simFlight Network Forums

Ehy should i need FSUIPC?

Why i should use FSUIPC if i am building my own cockpit in my house ?

Really if you don't know why you need it, then you don't need it. Develop things the other way around. Work out what you want to do, then see how you can do it. Then, when you investigate FSUIPC (e.g. through the FSUIPC SDK) you may find it useful, or you may not.

But don't start the other way, saying "hmm, everyone uses FSUIPC so I shouldbut why?". Use it perhaps to help solve problems when you know the problems, not the other way around.

what is really FSUIPC?

Fundamentally it is just an interface into FS for other programs. It has grown with the additions over the years of many other facilities, mostly requested by users, but its basic function is a programming interface.

i am a little confused about it.

That's probably because you are looking at it and trying to see where it fits rather than look at what you want to do and see what you then need to do it.

Regards,

Pete