The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with WIDEFS and PVT SB3

I am having issues with setting up my PVT chat to work with WIDEFS.

The COM1 channel works just fine, however the PVT is being a pain.

Here is my FSUIPC INI
[Buttons]
1=R0,6,C1006,1
2=U0,6,C1006,2
3=R0,7,C1006,3
4=U0,7,C1006,4

Wide Clent INI
[Config]
UseTCPIP=Yes
Port=8002
ServerName=markflightsim
Window=32000,32000,160,34
Visible=Min
ButtonScanInterval=20
ClassInstance=0
NetworkTiming=5,1
PollInterval=2000
ResponseTime=18
ApplicationDelay=0
TCPcoalesce=No
WaitForNewData=500
MaxSendQ=100
OnMaxSendQ=Log
NewSendScanTime=50
Priority=3,1,2
Timeout=12
; -----------------------------------------------
[User] 

Log=Errors+ 

Actionkeys=Yes 

UseSendInput=Yes 

KeySend1=123,16 ; Press F12  -------This is PVT
KeySend2=123,24 ; Release F12
KeySend3=Rwon ----------- This is COM1
KeySend4=Rwoff

Not sure what I am doing wrong, any help is appericated!

I am having issues with setting up my PVT chat to work with WIDEFS.

1=R0,6,C1006,1

2=U0,6,C1006,2

3=R0,7,C1006,3

4=U0,7,C1006,4

Why are you having the KeySends repeated for the whole time you are pressing the buttons? That's not good! Change the "R" to "P" in both cases.

I think the chap who so kindly did the add-on document for PTT made an error and had the Repeat enabled there, so I need to amend that documernt. Perhaps that's what misled you?

However, it doesn't really explain what nothing happens -- it is probably just very inefficient.

UseSendInput=Yes 

KeySend1=123,16 ; Press F12  -------This is PVT
KeySend2=123,24 ; Release F12
KeySend3=Rwon ----------- This is COM1
KeySend4=Rwoff

The "Rwon" and "Rwoff" facility uses Registered Messages to send the requests to Roger Wilco (the name "Rw..." comes from Roger Wilco). Apparently AVC incorporated these into their code too, for compatibility, and I understand that AVC was adopted into SB3, so that's why the RWon and RWoff facilities still work there.

The 'normal' Key method, however, was always problematic with Roger Wilco, may have been with AVC, and looks like it is with SB3. To try to get around the assorted methods different programs use to detect Key presses, WideClient offers at least THREE ways of doing it. Have you tried them all?

First, you've elected to use "SendInput" I see. I'm not sure why you chose that method first (it was added for TeamSpeak, for which it does work), but since it doesn't work, try without it.

When you omit "UseSendInput" (or set it to 'No') you need to tell WideClient what program to send key strokes to. There are TWO ways of doing that. The first (and oldest) is to provide the "class name" of the Window of the program to receive the keys. Examples are given for some programs, but not SB3 which I don't know.

The easiest way, however, is to use Wideclient to load the program in the first place -- use Run1=or even RunReady1= (the latter will only run it when FS and WideServer are ready to talk). When you do that, Wideclient can identify the program more easily, and you can direct keystrokes by appending ",Run1" or ",RunReady1" to the KeySend paramter line (see the section "Directing Key Strokes more precisely").

Having done that, try it. Try both methods of sending the keys -- PostKeys=No and PostKeys=Yes.

Once you've tried all these methods, if none of them work, then I'm afraid there is no way using the current keypress facilities in WideFS. Possibly the SB3 implementers have added more Registered Messages to operate these functions? If so, I could add these to a new version of WideFS without any trouble. You'd need to talk to the developers or get them to contact me.

BTW I am away from tomorrow (Friday 17th) until next Wednesday (22nd June), so please forgive any delays in my response till then.

Regards,

Pete