The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with offset cycling

Hello Pete,

First : thanks for your great work

For the GF46, you put in example :

800=P125,0,Cx510066C0,x00060001

Can you help me : I want that the cycle of the offset is :

Cycling 3 to 6 and back to 3.

Can you modify the line code to do this.

Thanks

Can you help me : I want that the cycle of the offset is :

Cycling 3 to 6 and back to 3.

Can you modify the line code to do this.

No, sorry. The base is always zero. The parameter is just divided into two parts -- the increment and the upper limit. The lower limit is always 0.

What sort of application needs 3, 4, 5, 6 and not 0, 1, 2 as well? Possibly you could use a cycle from 0 to 3 and just add 3 in whatever is using it?

Regards,

Pete

I take your line code and try to use the B66c0 for the GF45 and the GF46 module

Ex : Com1, Com2 and TPDR on the GF45

and Nav1, Nav2, ADF1 and ADF2 on the GF46

I'm afraid you'll need to change the conditions used in each case then. Let the values run from 0 to 2 and 0 to 3 (instead of 6), and change the conditions 12 to 18 accordingly. Delete the lines for the unused radios in each of the two device sections.

Regards,

Pete

thanks for your answer,

I had already done what you said

But I think the better choice (for me of course) is to take 2 differents variables :

First, the B66c0

In second the ???

Can I make a othe one like B66c8 or C66B0 ?

If not can you propose me one ?

Thanks

First, the B66c0

In second the ???

Can I make a othe one like B66c8 or C66B0 ?

If not can you propose me one ?

What is "C66B0"? The "B" in "B66C0" means "Byte". What do you mean by "C"?

As it declares explicitly in the GFdisplay documentation "Offsets 66C0-66FF are available for anything you wish". Just choose another which you are not already using. For example, 66C1 (the next Byte) if you are not using that.

The examples supplied in GFdisplay.ZIP only use 66C0 to 66C5, so even if you were using all of the stuff in there you still have 66C6 to 66FF (58 bytes altogether) to play with!

Regards,

Pete

Thnaks Pete,

I will work with the 66c6.

I had read your manual but I don't know how I have to count :

Question : after the 66c9 ? => 66d0 ?? and the following are 66d1, 66d2 etc... ?

PS : In your FSUIPC.INI, you take the var B66C0 for the GF45/46.

What mean the B ?

Question : after the 66c9 ? => 66d0 ?? and the following are 66d1, 66d2 etc... ?

No. Hexadecimal means "base 16". It is "decimal" which is base 10, so runs 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, then 0 again. For base 16 there are sixteen digits:

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F.

PS : In your FSUIPC.INI, you take the var B66C0 for the GF45/46.

What mean the B ?

As defined in the FSUIPC Advanced user's guide, and even mentioned in my last message above, that B is for "Byte" (8 bits). There's also W for "Word" (16 bits or 2 bytes) and D for Dword (32 bits or 4 bytes). See this part og yjr ASdvanced User's document:

The format of the condition is:

where

is B for Byte, W for Word or D for Double Word,

is the FSUIPC offset, an hexadecimal value between 0000 and FFFF,

is optional, and if given selects one of more bits: specify as &x where ‘x’ is the 8, 16 or 32-bit mask in hexadecimal. The value in the offset is “ANDed” with this mask before being used,

is one of:

=value for equality

!value for inequality

>value for greater than

and the “value” here is decimal unless preceded by an x (or X) in which case it is hexadecimal like the offset and mask. FSUIPC will output hexadecimal where a mask is used, otherwise decimal. All values are treated as unsigned.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for all Pete,

I'ts a good thing you are here : it is incredible that you make a better tool that the goflight team themself.

Without you, I think I never use my goflight modul with the FS add on .

For the futur, maybe you can introduce in your forum a part where each member could put their entire file of the fsuipc.ini and gfdisplay.ini.

It will be very interesting to see it for progressing.

Best regards and continue your good work

For the futur, maybe you can introduce in your forum a part where each member could put their entire file of the fsuipc.ini and gfdisplay.ini.

I could start a "sticky" library of working parameter sets. Just the [buttons] section of the FSUIPC.INI, and the GFDisplay.INI, with hopefully a short Text file explaining them. I could put a summary in the text of the "Sticky" and the files could be downloadable attachments.

Will you be the first to submit an example? :wink:

Best regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

Yes I'm agree to be the first to post the 2 files.

Let me just finish my work and tell me where and how I can post them.

A last question : I can not find the offsets for the different panel view (overhead panel, throttle panel etc..) under fs09.

I program the GFT8 to open the panels and I want to program the light under gfdisplay.

Yes I'm agree to be the first to post the 2 files.

Thanks!

... tell me where and how I can post them.

Probably best send files (Zipped please) and descriptive text to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. I'll work out how to set things up in the "Announcements" or "sticky" departments above

I can not find the offsets for the different panel view (overhead panel, throttle panel etc..) under fs09.

Offsets to do what? To select them I think you have to use FS controls. I don't know any obvious way to detect whether they are open, visible, docked or undocked. All that is Windows windows API stuff, which can presumably be sorted using the Windows API. But it gets pretty complex -- I think all of FS's sub-windows use the same Class Mane ("FS98CHILD").

I program the GFT8 to open the panels and I want to program the light under gfdisplay.

I'm afraid the best you can do is toggle the light as you toggle the view -- i.e. switch on = light on. How do you open them in any case? Isn't the same control to open them used to close them too, so the toggle applies to both switch and LED doesn't it?

As with many things in FS, I think you would need to synchronise both switch and LED by using the keyboard on start up.

Regards,

Pete