The simFlight Network Forums

Installation of FS Module

I removed an older version of FSUIPC that came with PMDG. I removed all the files in the modules folder labeled FSUIPC. Then I installed the new FSUIPC into the folder. It seems all the files are back, and now none of my DLLS ( modules ) will work and I get errors booting up FS2004?

I removed an older version of FSUIPC that came with PMDG. I removed all the files in the modules folder labeled FSUIPC.

Only the FSUIPC.DLL matters. The others would be a KEY file, with your registration if you registered (don't delete that unless you want to re-register), an INI file, which simply contains all your settings, options, calibrations -- don't delete that if you don't want to re-enter them all, and a LOG file, which is simply a record of important things happening the last time you ran FSUIPC. You can delete that if you like.

Then I installed the new FSUIPC into the folder.

The "new" one being 3.48? You need to be specific.

Updating consists merely of following the installation instructions in the documentation -- i.e. just copy the new FSUIPC.DLL into the FS Modules folder. Nothing else is ever needed. The later DLL replaces the older DLL, no deletion is needed.

It seems all the files are back

When you run FS with FSUIPC installed it will, of course, create a KEY file, ready to hold your registration (and the Keys of any manually-registered gauges and programs and so on), an INI file, containing your options and settings, and a LOG file detailing what happens in that session. This is correct and proper.

and now none of my DLLS ( modules ) will work and I get errors booting up FS2004?

What does "none of my DLLS (modules) will work" mean? What are your DLLs, specifically? Are you programming your own?

If you get "errors booting up FS2004" how do you know your modules won't work?

If you can explain things a little more explicitly maybe I could help, but you offer no informatin at all. What version of FSUIPC are you installing? Did you actually delete your registration? What modules do you think don't work, and in what way -- i.e. how can you tell they don't work? And last but certainly not least, what "errors" do you get booting up FS2004?

That would be a good start, then we can go on from there -- but I'm afraid it will be a few hours from now as it is getting late here now. :wink:

Regards,

Pete

I deleted a DLL called FSUI and this caused the crash. I put it back and everything is working good.

Aha! FSUI is the "User Interface" for FS, and is an essential part of the Microsoft product!

Best not to delete things in future unless you really want to get rid of them. However, certainly deleting just FSUIPC.DLL is all you need to do to stop it.

Regards,

Pete