The simFlight Network Forums

Traffic density toggle problem..

Hi Pete-

I'm trying to use the 'Key' tab to toggle AI traffic on and off with the tab+Q sequence. All works well except when toggling back on, traffic always goes back to 100%. I have it set to 50% withing FS9. I have attempted to put a number in the parameter box but it will not accept it; it always defaults back to 0 when checking the right hand portion of the box. I have entered: 50, .5, 50% and nothing sticks.

What's the trick here? :>)

Thanks,

Mark

I'm trying to use the 'Key' tab to toggle AI traffic on and off with the tab+Q sequence. All works well except when toggling back on, traffic always goes back to 100%. I have it set to 50% withing FS9.

Yes, this is what that control does. See, in the FSUIPC user documentation:

 [FS2004] A traffic density toggle control, which turns the AI traffic off (density = 0) if it is on, but if it is already off it turns it on, using the density value provided in the parameter or 100% if that is omitted or set zero.

You need to set the parameter if you want a different value. FSUIPC doesn't actually know what the setting was in FS before hand, it simply changes it to 0% if it is enabled, or 100% if not -- unless you give a parameter.

I have attempted to put a number in the parameter box but it will not accept it; it always defaults back to 0 when checking the right hand portion of the box. I have entered: 50, .5, 50% and nothing sticks.

What's the trick here? :>)

Do you press the "Confirm" button after making any such changes? This control accepts parameters 0 - 100, not decimal points or % signs. For 50% just enter 50, press Confirm when you are happy with what you have set.

Regards,

Pete