The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and TRAFFIC LOOK

Mr. Dowson,

I am new to flight simulator and am trying to configure the programs to be as close to realism as possible. Traffic Look seems like something that might help bring the realism back to the seat with me but I can't seem to make it work. I am using it with Eric Marciano's F-16 panel for my F-16 that I recently downloaded. This is the panel I have gotten. http://63.217.28.218/files/1panels/fullf16pnl.zip. The Question is, must i register fsuipc to use traffic or have I done something wrong setting the program up? I look forward to hearing back from you.

Jason Coffman

I am new to flight simulator and am trying to configure the programs to be as close to realism as possible. Traffic Look seems like something that might help bring the realism back to the seat with me but I can't seem to make it work.

On the contrary, TrafficLook is a program which provides a tabular display of AI or MP-injected aircraft positions in a manner which is completely unrealistic. It is only a test/development program provided to show the sort of information which can be obtained.

I am using it with Eric Marciano's F-16 panel for my F-16 that I recently downloaded. This is the panel I have gotten.

You seem to be a little confused. TrafficLook (the free program included in the FSUIPC.ZIP) is not "used" by anything else. Other programs, like TrafficBoard and FlightKeeper, may use the same information from FSUIPC -- as do some (but not all) TCAS radar type display gauges and programs. I think the F16 gauge is one of the latter.

The Question is, must i register fsuipc to use traffic or have I done something wrong setting the program up?

Neither I suspect. It's just that although the author has been provided with free access keys so that his TCAS displays will work with FSUIPC, he has never actually amended the gauges to build them in and so make life easier for his users. This means you have to register the gauges manually yourself.

You will find the key for that one in the Freeware Keys list above. Note that others have had difficulties with that gauge, however (it seems to conflict with some other things in some systems), and I would recommend that, if you don't want to pay for an FSUIPC user registration, you look for a replacement gauge. The Lee Hetherington gauges (ILH-TCAS or something similar) seem to work well from what I've been told.

Regards,

Pete