The simFlight Network Forums

Button Problems

Has anyone had problems with programing the buttons on the joystick in FSUIPC? For example, when I press the cycle views button on the joystick it goes from cockpit to tower back to cockpit. If I press 'S' it cycles all the views. Incidentally, if I press 'S' to VC then press the joystick button it goes to chase.

Also, it seems I only have 3 flap settings, 15,25 and 40 and the gear don't come down with the joystick, but when 'G' is pressed, everything is fine.

Is there a way to tweak the settings?

Kim

Has anyone had problems with programing the buttons on the joystick in FSUIPC? For example, when I press the cycle views button on the joystick it goes from cockpit to tower back to cockpit. If I press 'S' it cycles all the views. Incidentally, if I press 'S' to VC then press the joystick button it goes to chase.

How are you programming them, via key presses or controls? Do you have "repeat" enabled -- if so disable it -- you could get several controls or keypresses whilst you press the button. The nominal repeat rate is 20 per second.

Please always state the version number of FSUIPC. If you are not using the latest (3.48) please update.

Also, it seems I only have 3 flap settings, 15,25 and 40 and the gear don't come down with the joystick, but when 'G' is pressed, everything is fine.

You are programming these in FSUIPC too? Check the settings you have.

I don't know why you want to program these things in FSUIPC, as they are all normally assigned in FS. And that's a thought too -- did you disable all the assignments of the same buttons in FS? If not then you will have both FS and FSUIPC obeying the buttons. That could easily explain skipping flap values -- and sending the Gear up/down control twice would negate that too.

It does tell you in the FSUIPC documentation to disable FS buttons programmed in FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete