The simFlight Network Forums

GoFlight RP48 programming question

Pete - Hi, hope you are well,

I have successfully programmed LED 7 on my GoFlight RP48 to indicate when the gear is down via GFDisplay as follows :

L7=XBF4 U16 =16383 Ff5on ;Left Gear Down

As you can see I have included the Ff5on command but it doesn't really achieve what I want - I am trying to emulate the original GoFlight function that has the green light flashing when the gear is in motion and staying on when it is down, off when it is retracted but I can't figure out how to do this using GFDisplay - I wondered if the LED can have several line entries but I can't get this to work

Can you point me in the right direction here

Many thanks

David Cox

I wondered if the LED can have several line entries[\quote]

Of course, like displays, LEDs can have any number of entries. Didn't any of the examples provided help at all? For instance, just look at the MCP example provided. All 8 LEDs there have multiple entries for different condtions. Just to take one example:

L0.1=C0 X4F0 U16 M0020 ; PMs LOC -> NAV light

L0.2=!C0 C8 X7C4 U32 ; FS's NAV acquired

L0.3=!C0 !C8 X7C4 U32 Fslow ; FS's NAV (flash)

but I can't get this to work

In that case shouldn't you have shown what it is you've tried?

Can you point me in the right direction here

Yes, the examples supplied and documented -- there's loads of examples. In fact there are more examples of multiple lines for Displays and LEDs that there are for single lines in the form you show above. Please take another look.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

Many thanks - I missed that bit. OK, I have now got it working using your default GFDisplay.ini file and adding the following entry :

[GFRP48.0]

Needs=E B

B=8

L7.1=!C11 XBF4 U16 !=0 Ff10off ;Left Gear Moving

L7.2=XBF4 U16 =16383 ;Left Gear Down

Using this code & starting with gear UP the LED flashes for 10 seconds and stays on once the gear is DOWN. However, when I toggle the gear UP the LED only flashes very briefly before going out (long before the gear has retracted fully - 10 secs.)

Any idea why this happens ?

Cheers

Using this code & starting with gear UP the LED flashes for 10 seconds and stays on once the gear is DOWN. However, when I toggle the gear UP the LED only flashes very briefly before going out (long before the gear has retracted fully - 10 secs.)

Any idea why this happens ?

Not offhand. what is Condition 11 in your code?

Pete

Tha same as the default GFDisplay.ini file. Namely :

11=XBF4 U16 =16383 ; Left Gear Down

Okay, so the full story that plus:

I'm not clear on the choice of "Ff10off" for the flashing. There's a bit of a conflict likely there and I'm not sure how it might resolve.

Ff10off says "flash fast for 10 seconds then turn it off". This 10 seconds STARTS when the conditions first become true. The behaviour is then independent of the actual gear motion, which is a strange thing to want.

Why did you want this fixed 10 seconds? Why not have it flash whilst the gear is in motion, and leave it at that?

Try using Ffast instead of Ff10off. You shouldn't need a time on it -- FS dictates the time for the gear to raise or lower.

Regards,

Pete