The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 Stability Problems

Hi Pete,

I am having lots of crashes when I am using FSUIPC with FS9. I have a a 3.2 P4 with 2GB ram running FS9 and my own application which interfaces a reflective memory to FS9 via the FSUIPC SDK. I run certified models on a linux system and just pass the position & attitude to FS9.

I also have Project Magenta running on two additional pc via wideclient.

Sometimes I can run for hours, other times I get crashes repeatedly. I have not been able to determine what is happening and I was hoping you may be able to shed some light on how one might stabilize FS9.

Thanks,

Lance

... I run certified models on a linux system and just pass the position & attitude to FS9.

I also have Project Magenta running on two additional pc via wideclient.

Sometimes I can run for hours, other times I get crashes repeatedly. I have not been able to determine what is happening and I was hoping you may be able to shed some light on how one might stabilize FS9.

First make sure you update to FS9.1. The changes MS made fixed a large number of crash causes.

Then it's a process of elimination. Something you are doing with FS9, or have added to FS9, is responsible -- assuming of course that there's nothing else in your PC which is responsible. You'll need to try it without one thing at a time.

I really cannot hazard any guesses as to what the reason might be with the almost zero information you provide here. Of course, the first clue lies in the crash data that Windows should give you. A crash in G2D or G3D will likely be a scenery or video card/driver problem, in ATC or Traffic a traffic file problem, and so on.

You should also always provide version numbers (FSUIPC, WideFS, FS, etc) when asking for any support for my programs. If you are not using the latest releases, try those first.

Regards,

Pete