The simFlight Network Forums

GPSout and Flitemap

Hi

I'd like to be able to send flightplans from Flitemap to the GPS unit in my virtual Cessna. Can this be done with GPSout? I tried most of the supported gps types in Flitemap and quite a few settings on GPSout but had no luck so far. I always get an error about unexpected responses, or if I select a Gsrmin unit then Flitemap says it couldn't obtain model/version info.

I'd like to be able to send flightplans from Flitemap to the GPS unit in my virtual Cessna. Can this be done with GPSout? I tried most of the supported gps types in Flitemap and quite a few settings on GPSout but had no luck so far. I always get an error about unexpected responses, or if I select a Gsrmin unit then Flitemap says it couldn't obtain model/version info.

This is rather a confused question. You are actually mixing up two completely different things.

Flightplans FROM Flitemap are nothing to do with GPSout -- GPSout is an FS module which makes FS look like a GPS to Flitemap -- in other words it is OUT from FS and IN to Flitemap, not the other way round!

Getting stuff out of FliteMap for use in FS and FS add-ons in what I wrote FStarRC for -- that produces .APL plans for Radar Contact, .sbp plans for Squawbox and Project Magenta, and .PLN plans for FS.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for the fast reply!

I like to plan my routes in Flitemap, and I usually convert them to .pln format using an olf FS2002 program, but it's a cumbersome process and the converter is buggy.

I had no idea you'd written FStarRC, but it sounds like it'll streamline things a lot, thanks for the heads up! And for the progams...