The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Cloud Layers???

I have version 3.4 of FSUIPC for FS2004 but it has a few problems. In the cloud options, i set it for just one cloud layer but yet when i flew out of Atlanta today there were about 3 different layers of clouds and it totally killed my fps. Just wondering if it's supposed to do this or if someone knows how to fix it. Here are two pics of my problem. Just wanna know why fsuipc isnt forcing just one cloud layer.

post-3152-128689203078_thumb.jpg

post-3152-128689203085_thumb.jpg

I have version 3.4 of FSUIPC

3.40 is well out of date and is not supported. Please update. The current user release is 3.48.

In the cloud options, i set it for just one cloud layer but yet when i flew out of Atlanta today there were about 3 different layers of clouds and it totally killed my fps. Just wondering if it's supposed to do this or if someone knows how to fix it. Here are two pics of my problem. Just wanna know why fsuipc isnt forcing just one cloud layer.

Did you check the documentation, or -- look at the second of the pix you included. See the line there that says "These facilities only relate to global weather and clouds set by external programs"?

There's no way FSUIPC can come between FS and its weather excepting for some small areas, like global weather (no use in FS2004 -- ok in FS2000 and FS2002) and some visibility and wind interceptions.

You may want to consider using an external weather program.

Regards,

Pete