The simFlight Network Forums

Flap Issues on PMDG 737-700

Hello Pete:

I recently had a hard disk crash, and had to set up FS9 from scratch. I am running a registered version of FSUIPC and am using several Go-Flight modules, including the GF-TQ6 throttle quadrant, and the PMDG 737NG with all service updates.

I am unable to get the flaps to retract to the 0 position (it will not retract farther than the 1 degree detent). If I use the mouse on the actual screen panel, than they will retract, so I can conclude there is some type of conflict between the Go-Flight module and FSUIPC.

I have tried calibrating the axis in the Windows GAME CONTROLLERS control panel, and I have tried using the FSUIPC Joysticks option (both processing the axis and not processing the axis).

The FLAP DETAILS window shows 9 detents at 4094 increments, but I cannot get them to retract fully.

I know there is a way to get them fully retracted since before my hard disk troubles, it was working beautifully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have perused this forum and have not found any posts with similar problems.

Thank you,

Troy F.

I am unable to get the flaps to retract to the 0 position (it will not retract farther than the 1 degree detent). If I use the mouse on the actual screen panel, than they will retract, so I can conclude there is some type of conflict between the Go-Flight module and FSUIPC.

GoFlight modules don't use FSUIPC nor vice versa (excepting when you've programmed a GF button in FSUIPC -- but it still doesn't use a GF FS module, only the GFdev.DLL which is elsewhere).

I have tried calibrating the axis in the Windows GAME CONTROLLERS control panel, and I have tried using the FSUIPC Joysticks option (both processing the axis and not processing the axis).

If FSUIPC is not set to process the axis, then it doesn't touch it at all. It is not touching it when it says "Set" in the top left button in its section of the options.

I know there is a way to get them fully retracted since before my hard disk troubles, it was working beautifully.

It has got to be calibration, sensitivity or dead zone. For the latter two go to FS's Options-Controls-Sensitivities. Ensure max sensitivity, and eith no or little null zone. For calibration I have no idea -- Windows I expect, but check GF documentation. Always calibrate the two end positions with the lever OFF the end stops a bit, to ensure it will always reach the extreme values.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete for the outstanding customer support.

I have corrected the problem.

As you suspected, it was not an FSUIPC problem. I was starting the flight using a PREVIOUSLY SAVED FLIGHT, and all the parameters that I thought I had cleared would re-appear (unknown to me at the time).

I started a flight from scratch and reloaded the PMDG aircraft and all is well.

Thanks again.

TROY