The simFlight Network Forums

What do these choices in FSUIPC "Keys" pick list d

SO I am working now on setting up my fuel controls now that the engine start panel is working.

In the list of FSUIPC possibilities in the "Keys" setup screen... I see the following:

Fuel Pump 1

Fuel Pump 2

Fuel Pump 3

Fuel Pump 4

and also

Toggle Electric Fuel Pump 1

Toggle Electric Fuel Pump 2

Toggle Electric Fuel Pump 3

Toggle Electric Fuel Pump 4

Are these DIFFERENT pumps?

There is a command in the default Fs2004 assignments "Aux. Fuel Pump on/off". By using the "E" and a number key...... is this then the same function as one of the above possibilities?

There is a choice Add Fuel Quantity that is listed TWICE at the top of the FSUIPC pick list. Is this an error and one of them should be something like "Decrease Fuel Quantity"? Or is it left and right tanks? Does this take an "argument" that specifies what increase (or decrease) it performs?

What does the FSUIPC "Manual Fuel Transfer" do when compared to the fs2004 assignments like "Fuel Transfer Auto"?

Appreciate anyone's input here. I am surte that I will have a few more questions too. :wink:

best,

............john

Are these DIFFERENT pumps?

I doubt it, but I don't really know. There are nearly a thousand controls in FS these days and I just haven't had time to try them all and see what they do. I think many are "left over" from previous releases and may or may not still work. And I know that some were added for future use, but that future doesn't seem to have arrived yet.

FSUIPC doesn't "invent" the FS controls -- they are from a list in FS's CONTROLS.DLL. The words are obtained from there too. FSUIPC does ADD quite a few of its own -- those are listed in the Advanced User's guide.

I can only suggest you assign some and see what they do, if anything.

There is a choice Add Fuel Quantity that is listed TWICE at the top of the FSUIPC pick list. Is this an error and one of them should be something like "Decrease Fuel Quantity"?

No, I don't think so -- it's an error in the list in CONTROLS.DLL. what version of FSUIPC are you using? I thought I'd eliminated that -- try the latest Beta in the first thread above. Let me know.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the input.

Hummmmm.....

I THOUGHT I had the latest version installed.... other than the Beta. I know I downloaded it. God... did I forget to INSTALL it? :lol: :shock:

I'll check and let you know.

best,

....................john

I THOUGHT I had the latest version installed.... other than the Beta. I know I downloaded it. God... did I forget to INSTALL it? :lol: :shock:

I'll check and let you know.

Thanks .. maybe I didn't eliminate that duplicate after all. There were several in the CONTROLs.DLL list. Maybe I missed one.

Pete