The simFlight Network Forums

Major problems with registering FSWXR2100

Hi Pete!

My you remeber me on stand 61 in blackpool, i was exibiting as AOG. We have the FWXR2100 working with your FSUIPC, the gauge registers itself.

More and more customers found that they had problems with the registration. It works on many machines but on some it doesn't. Message boxes appear that unregistered gauges are used, some simply do not work without message.

Are there any know bugs on your side, since i read something about registering long names or so. FSWXR2100.gau is our.

As said it works on many machines...

Is it possible that a change in some file version / ventries cause a problem ?

kind regards

florian

Are there any know bugs on your side, since i read something about registering long names or so. FSWXR2100.gau is our.

No, none at all. Gauge registration is so simple internally. The long name problem was for manually entering them into FSUIPC's dialogues -- someone had an email address of about 68 characters and there wasn't enough room in the Edit box (FSUIPC copes with up to 127). The fix for that was to enable auto-scroll in the edit box, that's all. And there's only been one such instance in the two years of registrations.

As said it works on many machines...

I have no information, no logs, no nothing, so I cannot really help. The only possibly reason for such inconsistency will be something awry with the way you are registering. You must use the FSUIPC_Open2() call to establish the initial link. You should call FSUIPC from the main thread -- certainly for registration.

Are you using the latest version of the ModuleUser.lib? It will be the one dated September 2004 I think.

Switch on IPC read/write logging and show me the log. Send logs to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

BTW if it fails with no registration message, it isn't failing the registration -- it is more likely to be users with illegal FSUIPC keys. I can tell the difference from a log. They can tell by deleting their FSUIPC.KEY file and trying again.

Is it possible that a change in some file version / ventries cause a problem ?

Not for a gauge or DLL.

Pete