The simFlight Network Forums

Can FSUIPC capture panel click?

Can you capture panel click with this module and the assign these to a button ie. Click on APU power, Click APU start, Click APU Warning, Click Bleed Air on the panel via mouse clicks and capture these to assign to a external button? or is this a limit on the panel design

You don't mean capture a mouse click and when it occurs, make a button press I assume? That's the way your question starts out, but that wouldn't make any sense ;-)

If what you want to do is create mouse clicks from a button press, then the only way I know is to use Key2Mouse by Luciano Napolitano (http://www.wideview.it/key2mouse.htm) to allow keypresses to do the job, then use FSUIPC to program your buttons to produce the keypresses.

Regards,

Pete

Thats is a good utility thanks, but i was thinking if when you click a panel button that must send something to FS to either illuminate the button or something, so i was thinking FSUIPC could detect what was being pressed and what command was sent to FS or are we limited to basic default commands.

Thanks again

Thats is a good utility thanks, but i was thinking if when you click a panel button that must send something to FS to either illuminate the button or something, so i was thinking FSUIPC could detect what was being pressed and what command was sent to FS or are we limited to basic default commands.

Sorry, I don't understand.

If whatever you are clicking operates one of the FS controls to do something (and most if not all, at least in the default panels, do), then you already know those controls and can use them -- they are listed in FSUIPC's dropdowns in the Keys and Buttons options pages, and also in the List of Controls documents I provide.

If such button clicks do not simply give rise to an FS control -- and that is indeed the case with several default mouse places and very much true for most sophisticated add-on panels -- then the click action is processed by code within the gauge itself or passed on internally to some other part of the panel, or even a co-operating DLL (as for instance in PMDG aircraft).

There is no way FSUIPC or anything else can get into that sort of operation. What do you expect it to be able to do, exactly?

Incidentally, what do you mean by "limited to basic default commands". Is there something you need missing from the many hundreds of FS controls available?

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

This question has also been on my mind for some time, but I think you have answered it.

I was wondering if the PREV and NEXT buttons in the FS Navigator could be activated by an external button through FSUIPC, just as is possible with FLY PLAN in the same program by assigning a key to that function. I realise that these are not directly Flight Sim Commands and that is what makes the difference. We need to get the code changed in FS Navigator I guess.

We have become so used to the idea that you can do anything with FSUIPC, don't be surprised when we wonder why it can't do something that appears simple to us idiots.

Great Program,

Regards

Rockair

I was wondering if the PREV and NEXT buttons in the FS Navigator could be activated by an external button through FSUIPC, just as is possible with FLY PLAN in the same program by assigning a key to that function.

If there's no short cut key for them, the only way is to have something that produces a mouse click in the right place. Luciano Napolitano's "Key2Mouse" program comes to mind. You'd then program FSUIPC to make the button send that key.

Regards

Pete