The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC SDK with Qt and MinGW compiler

Hi

Is there anybody who got FSUIPC to work together with the MinGW C++ compiler? All I get is "undefined reference to 'FSUIPC_Open'".

This Is what I have done.

Wrote a small demo program thats only reads the time from the API. (code copied from examples is SDK). Copied the FSUIPC_User.h & .lib to my working direktory, and added the header file to my source code.

Is there anything I'm missing, or is't because the MinGW compiler is unsopprted/not tried?

Why MinGW compier, instead of Microsoft Visual C++??? Well, it's a GNU compiler, and MSVC costs to much for me. And I never run with unlicensed software. Another reason is that my software uses Qt as a framwork to make my life much more simple. And Qt works perfect with MinGW.

Regards

Berry Perzon

I'm an IDIOT!!!!!

Problem solved.

But when compiling I get this message.

Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:uuid.lib ' unrecognized

Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:LIBC ' unrecognized

Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:OLDNAMES ' unrecognized

Regards

Berry Perzon

But when compiling I get this message.

Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:LIBC ' unrecognized

Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:OLDNAMES ' unrecognized

I think these must be all (default) libraries which come with Windows development kits. Certainly "uuid" is, and I think "LIBC" is a standard Microsoft C library. Possibly your compiler package doesn't support Windows without adding a lot yourself?

I think you may find it more constructive to use the SOURCE I provide for the interface code and make your own library suitable for your compiler, or else just build the code directly into your program. There really isn't much of it.

There's nothing hidden there -- everything is provided in the SDK.

Regards,

Pete