The simFlight Network Forums

Stop Cockpit sizing and moving does not work ?

Stop cockpit sizing and moving does not work. in earlier times it was OK. Latest version. Today installed. FS also today re-installed. I'am sure I 'am doing wrong something, but what ?

Probably just not reading the documentation well enough? . Sorry, but I couldn't resistyou'll see it explains that this cannot work, in fact never did work, if you have Windows options set to show windows whilst moving them. I think XP defaults this on, for example.

Regards,

Pete

Stop cockpit sizing and moving does not work. in earlier times it was OK. Latest version. Today installed. FS also today re-installed. I'am sure I 'am doing wrong something, but what ?

Probably just not reading the documentation well enough? . Sorry, but I couldn't resistyou'll see it explains that this cannot work, in fact never did work, if you have Windows options set to show windows whilst moving them. I think XP defaults this on, for example.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I had missed it ! Thanks a lot !t works.

The item is so important (for me..) whem using e.g. the Key2Mouse mouse-click-registering-utility (Luciano Napolitano), because otherwise your mouseclicks are in a next session wrong because of a little shift of the window.

Hessel

Hi Pete,

I had missed it ! Thanks a lot !t works.

The item is so important (for me..) whem using e.g. the Key2Mouse mouse-click-registering-utility (Luciano Napolitano), because otherwise your mouseclicks are in a next session wrong because of a little shift of the window.

Hessel

• 1 year later...

Hello all!

I have read this thread because I have the same prob with the cockpit sizing and moving not stopping. I know that it works because it worked well some time ago but I changed some windows-settings and don't remember what they are! Unfortunately, Pete's solution doesn't work for me (and others), therefore I am asking if they are some news on this topic, or simply if this problem is known?

Regards,

Hakan

I have read this thread because I have the same prob with the cockpit sizing and moving not stopping. I know that it works because it worked well some time ago but I changed some windows-settings and don't remember what they are! Unfortunately, Pete's solution doesn't work for me (and others), therefore I am asking if they are some news on this topic, or simply if this problem is known?

I repeat:

Right click on the desktop and select "Properties". Then choose the Appearance tab, and press the Effects... button. Uncheck "Show window contents while dragging".

This is the only known thing which, if set incorrectly, stops it working. It you can't change that option or that doesn't fix it you presumably have some third party program installed which is interfering with Windows, like WindowBlinds or something similar.

Regards,

Pete

I found the solution: I used the german nocd.exe for fs9 without knowing it. After patching to FS9.1 I still used the old nocd.exe and that caused the problems. Now (with the correct fs9.exe), the panels are bound to their position as they should.

Hmmm. Very strange. Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Pete

Hmmm. Very strange.

I think it's very reasonable, because the "bits&bites" are on the right place (where FSUIPC expects them) when using the official and patched FS9.exe. I am not a programmer, but the german NOCD-exe is much smaller (~200kb) than the patched FS9.exe (1.3 Kb). I can imagine that some parameters are then found on a different place... but I have no understanding of it at all ;) Besides that, it is still important to have "Redraw while Resize" (something like that) in windows-settings unchecked, of course.

Regards,

Hakan

I think it's very reasonable, because the "bits&bites" are on the right place (where FSUIPC expects them) when using the official and patched FS9.exe. I am not a programmer, but the german NOCD-exe is much smaller (~200kb) than the patched FS9.exe (1.3 Kb). I can imagine that some parameters are then found on a different place.

Well, the actual EXE code, by the time it is running in the process, is the same in the end -- this is how the crackers crack it. The huge size of the CD checking version is down to all the protection that is added -- not only CD verfication, but complex anti-hacking scrambling, and also code to spawn another process entirely, with a weird name, whose sole job seems to be to watch for debuggers.

But this is really mostly irrelevant in this case, as the sizing and moving business is done though windows message intercepts. That's why is seemed strange to me.

Regards,

Pete