The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS sometimes does not connect to the server

Hi all,

Lately wideFS hasnt connected to the Server when I first boot up. Heres my boot up sequence

1)start WideFS comp then FS comp

2)Start ASV and get its information

3)start wideclient

4)run autostart on FS

5) start FS and then SB3 if im flying online

My expirence is that it wont connect the first time then if I restart the wideclient comp it works

It used to work everytime and this is a new thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

It used to work everytime and this is a new thing.

So, what have you changed?

Any ideas?

I can't do anything at all without information I'm afraid. First off, what versions? If not 6.47 at least, update first. Try the Beta versions available at the top of this Forum.

Secondly, both WideServer and WideClient produce logs telling you what they are doing. Check those.

I notice you have a VERY off start up sequence in any case:

1)start WideFS comp then FS comp

2)Start ASV and get its information

3)start wideclient

4)run autostart on FS

5) start FS and then SB3 if im flying online

ASV needs Wideclient and FS running. Why not have WideClient load up automatically in your Client PC (place a shortcut in the StartUp folder), and have it load ASV when FS is ready, via "RunReady1= ..."? Then you only need to switch the Client on and leave it alone -- all the rest would be automatic when you start FS.

I don't know what "autostart on FS" means.

Pete

ASV needs to update some information before FS is running according to the ASV website. I will try what you suggest. As to what I have changed nothing remotly related to networking.

Autostart is a program used to shutdown un-needed services and program prior to FS starting for better performance.

Thanks for the help

ASV needs to update some information before FS is running according to the ASV website.

I always start it after FS. I thought the business of running it before was for its initial loading of cloud graphics. Maybe you have it set to use a different set of clouds for each FS session? Maybe that's the reason?

I will try what you suggest. As to what I have changed nothing remotly related to networking.

Well I'm afraid I still can't really help without information. At a minimum I always need to know the version numbers of my programs, and at least relevant parts of the Log files.

Regards,

Pete