The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Bug or not ?

Hi Peter,

I have a new computer PIV 3,6 ghz with 2Mo Ram and FS2004 installed on drive D.

When I open FSUIPC and choose Button folder, all is stopped. Impossible to choose a stick button or to quit FSUIPC window. I have this problem only with FSUIPC button folder. Is it because FS is installed as D:\Flight Simulator 9.

The previous installation was in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9.

Thank you for your analyse and reply.

Gilles

When I open FSUIPC and choose Button folder, all is stopped. Impossible to choose a stick button or to quit FSUIPC window. I have this problem only with FSUIPC button folder. Is it because FS is installed as D:\Flight Simulator 9.

No, FSUIPC doesn't care where FS is installed.

The only thing different about that tab is that FSUIPC will be scanning buttons as soon as you enter it. Sounds like something in the joystick area is hanging. Do you have a log or a fragment of one (FSUIPC.LOG in the FS Modules folder)?

Check the Game Controlers part of Windows Settings. Maybe you have some old joystick driver still installed which is causing a problem when interrogated?

BTW I always need to know what version of FSUIPC it is you are using. That is paramount information. Iyou may also like to try version 3.50 which is now the official release.

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

I have used 348 then 350. I have the problem with both.

I have forgotten to say that my new computer uses Windows XP. The previous used Windows 2003 server.

An other difference, My CH Fighterstick/Throttle and Rudder are connected to a Hub. I have remove the electric alimentation of the Hub.

Everything works.

I have change the mapping of the CH buttons. Several mapped button are now direct input. Then I have remove FSUIPC.ini to have a clean one, but I have still the problem.

I am going to follow your advice and install again the CH drivers, may be I have generic Microsoft drivers.

Thank you.

Gilles