The simFlight Network Forums

writing my own magenta

i need panels on client computers. if i do that with the fs loaded on clients i have a very low update rate on my clients.

so i need to write sth like magenta for my own plane

how could i do that

It's a big job. Ask Enrico how many man hours went into Project Magenta. I take it you are an experienced programmer and can deal with the graphics as well as the real-time animation? Surely you are not asking for a complete tuition in this -- you need some reference books I think.

Have you looked at the existing free gauges such as FreeFD (I think there's a link to this on the http://www.schiratti.com/dowson page).

Pete

i need panels on client computers. if i do that with the fs loaded on clients i have a very low update rate on my clients.

so i need to write sth like magenta for my own plane

how could i do that

It's a big job. Ask Enrico how many man hours went into Project Magenta. I take it you are an experienced programmer and can deal with the graphics as well as the real-time animation? Surely you are not asking for a complete tuition in this -- you need some reference books I think.

Have you looked at the existing free gauges such as FreeFD (I think there's a link to this on the http://www.schiratti.com/dowson page).

Pete

we know that it is a tough work to do but we have to see our own gauges on client PCs without using existing programs. We think of two ways:

-we want to use panels of fs2002 on client PCs by running fs2002 by wideview but this choice decrease our performance seriously.

-we want to obtain data of server PC which is running FS2002 and without running FS2002 on client PCs we want to see our own panels.

is there any possiblty that we obtain a better performance with first choice and how can we just obtain data changes of server PC on client PC.

thanks for your reply.

we know that it is a tough work to do but we have to see our own gauges on client PCs without using existing programs. We think of two ways:

-we want to use panels of fs2002 on client PCs by running fs2002 by wideview but this choice decrease our performance seriously.

-we want to obtain data of server PC which is running FS2002 and without running FS2002 on client PCs we want to see our own panels.

is there any possiblty that we obtain a better performance with first choice and how can we just obtain data changes of server PC on client PC.

thanks for your reply.

we want to use panels of fs2002 on client PCs by running fs2002 by wideview but this choice decrease our performance seriously.

Odd, there are a lot of folks happily using WidevieW. Perhaps your Network is not fast, or your client PCs aren't the same specification as your main one? Best really to have the instrumentation on the main PC and only views on the others.

we want to obtain data of server PC which is running FS2002 and without running FS2002 on client PCs we want to see our own panels.

Okay, then use WideFS instead.

is there any possiblty that we obtain a better performance with first choice

No idea, sorry. You need someone who uses WidevieW to tell you, maybe Luciano himself can offer suggestions.

and how can we just obtain data changes of server PC on client PC.

Use WideFS. That's what it is for. That is what Project Magenta uses.

Pete

we want to use panels of fs2002 on client PCs by running fs2002 by wideview but this choice decrease our performance seriously.

Odd, there are a lot of folks happily using WidevieW. Perhaps your Network is not fast, or your client PCs aren't the same specification as your main one? Best really to have the instrumentation on the main PC and only views on the others.

we want to obtain data of server PC which is running FS2002 and without running FS2002 on client PCs we want to see our own panels.

Okay, then use WideFS instead.

is there any possiblty that we obtain a better performance with first choice

No idea, sorry. You need someone who uses WidevieW to tell you, maybe Luciano himself can offer suggestions.

and how can we just obtain data changes of server PC on client PC.

Use WideFS. That's what it is for. That is what Project Magenta uses.

Pete