The simFlight Network Forums

Winds not changing for arrival FSUIPC 3.50

Hi,

I just started using FSUIPC 3.50 today and on two out of two flights noticed that my winds from top of descent to landing were not changing significantly. That is I had winds at FL380 of 277deg at 59kts and on final approach this had not changed, when the metar and AS2004.5 were telling me winds of 100deg at 10kts. It happened again on my return trip.

I have not changed any of the settings, just installed the new module.

I have not tried reinstalling the old module but I will do that soon to see if the problem goes away.

In the meantime, is there anything else that could be wrong?

Thanks

Greg

I just started using FSUIPC 3.50 today and on two out of two flights noticed that my winds from top of descent to landing were not changing significantly. That is I had winds at FL380 of 277deg at 59kts and on final approach this had not changed, when the metar and AS2004.5 were telling me winds of 100deg at 10kts. It happened again on my return trip.

I have not changed any of the settings, just installed the new module.

There's no change in any of the weather setting facilities. Version 3.50 is the same as the module which has been on Beta release and used by over 800 people over the last few months.

The only way to prove what was happening is to enable Weather Logging (in the Logging page in FSUIPC) and see what was being set and implemented.

Every time there's a new release (and I do mean every time) there are always all sorts of reports of things changing which haven't been touched, and even things not anything to do with FSUIPC. One person even emailed me and said the new version made his sound go quiet in his headphones! :shock: :shock:

If you have any real information (logs) which shows any anomalies, I'll be glad to check things for you, but I have been using what became 3.50 for many weeks now with ActiveSky V and Radar Contact and there has been no discrepancy with the weather at all here. Sorry.

Regards,

Pete