The simFlight Network Forums

PushBack Module programing

I have build a module for FS that works perfectly. Now I would like to create a module that allows me to pushback the plane.

Does any one know, which FS variables should I look to? or if any one could give a little pice of code or example, I will really apreciate that.

I´m using VC++

Regards

Thomas

I have build a module for FS that works perfectly. Now I would like to create a module that allows me to pushback the plane.

Does any one know, which FS variables should I look to? or if any one could give a little pice of code or example, I will really apreciate that.

There are FS controls to do that -- the one normally assigned to Shift+P, for start/stop, optionally followed by keyboard keys 1 or 2 to select direction. From a module or gauge just send appropriate Key Events.

Pete

There are FS controls to do that -- the one normally assigned to Shift+P, for start/stop, optionally followed by keyboard keys 1 or 2 to select direction. From a module or gauge just send appropriate Key Events.

Pete

You are right, I havet thought about that.

Now I having an other problem with the

"GAUGESLINKAGE Linkage"

The problem is that if I want my module to be compatible with FS2002, I have to tell de GAUGESLINKAGE which version should look at, and for FS2004 is the same, but how could I make my module compatible with both FS?

Do you have a function o something that could help me out?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Thomas.

The problem is that if I want my module to be compatible with FS2002, I have to tell de GAUGESLINKAGE which version should look at, and for FS2004 is the same, but how could I make my module compatible with both FS?

I just search the Window title for "98", "2000" or "2002", else it's 2004. I think I will make it more foolproof in future though by reading the main EXE module's Version information. ;-)

Pete

I just search the Window title for "98", "2000" or "2002", else it's 2004. I think I will make it more foolproof in future though by reading the main EXE module's Version information. ;-)

Pete

Thanks, I'll try that.

And sorry a boder you again, but now, I´m trying to use the following fucntion "SetKeyboardState" to send keys to flight sim, but I cant compile the file, I keep geting error like:

"cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const int' to 'unsigned char *'"

Is there any other way to send keys to FS, with out using FSUIPC, (no offence, :wink: )

Best Regards

Thomás

And sorry a boder you again, but now, I´m trying to use the following fucntion "SetKeyboardState" to send keys to flight sim, but I cant compile the file, I keep geting error like:

Seems that the answer is clearly stated in the error message -- you need to provide a pointer to a character or an array of characters and you are not, you are providing a constant. Really you should be able to read that yourself.

Is there any other way to send keys to FS, with out using FSUIPC

Yes, send the correct sequence of messages to FS's Window, of course. Look up "PostMessage", "WM_KEYDOWN", "WM_KEYUP", "WM_CHAR", and "SendInput".

Please see if you can find some books on Windows programming. They will be more appropriate than trying to learn here. I am trying to support my programs and develop them too, as well as maybe fly just now and then if possible. I hope you understand that I really cannot carry on an elementary Windows programming course here -- I really am not a good teacher, I have insufficient patience and understanding of learner's needs. I'm very sorry.

Regards,

Pete

Seems that the answer is clearly stated in the error message -- you need to provide a pointer to a character or an array of characters and you are not, you are providing a constant. Really you should be able to read that yourself.

Is there any other way to send keys to FS, with out using FSUIPC

Yes, send the correct sequence of messages to FS's Window, of course. Look up "PostMessage", "WM_KEYDOWN", "WM_KEYUP", "WM_CHAR", and "SendInput".

Please see if you can find some books on Windows programming. They will be more appropriate than trying to learn here. I am trying to support my programs and develop them too, as well as maybe fly just now and then if possible. I hope you understand that I really cannot carry on an elementary Windows programming course here -- I really am not a good teacher, I have insufficient patience and understanding of learner's needs. I'm very sorry.

Regards,

Pete

Don´t worry, I wont use this forum as a programing school.

Thanks a lot again for your help.

Regards

Thomas