The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC date & time

I currently use FSUIPC 2.975 with FS2002. After have contacted phoenix-simulation.co.uk they told me that the time & date located on the init page of the Dash 8 FMS (rear overhead panel in the IK DC-9) is received from the FSUIPC module. Although the time is correct the date is always 45 days behind. Why? It doesn't matter if I use system time or flight time. I know that the date in FS2002 is correct.

I use Win XP home. Anyone else with this problem?

Best Regards

Fred

I currently use FSUIPC 2.975 with FS2002. After have contacted phoenix-simulation.co.uk they told me that the time & date located on the init page of the Dash 8 FMS (rear overhead panel in the IK DC-9) is received from the FSUIPC module. Although the time is correct the date is always 45 days behind. Why? It doesn't matter if I use system time or flight time. I know that the date in FS2002 is correct.

I use Win XP home. Anyone else with this problem?

Best Regards

Fred

I currently use FSUIPC 2.975 with FS2002. After have contacted phoenix-simulation.co.uk they told me that the time & date located on the init page of the Dash 8 FMS (rear overhead panel in the IK DC-9) is received from the FSUIPC module. Although the time is correct the date is always 45 days behind. Why?

The date/time is not produced or in any way tampered with by FSUIPC, it is only exposed for applications to access. The time is given by FS with Seconds, and Hours and Minutes on a 24-hour clock. Two sets of hours and minutes are given, one Zulu (UTC or GMT) and the other Local Time.

The date is given as a Year and a Day number in the year. The application would be calculating the actual month and day of month from that -- it sounds very much as if it has got those calculations wrong! I'd report it as a bug if I were you.

I think there is a bug in FS which makes the day number one out -- i.e. one day, not 45 days out. It doesn't always occur, and is probably due to a mix-up over whether Jan 1st is day 0 or day 1 in different parts of FS.

Pete

I currently use FSUIPC 2.975 with FS2002. After have contacted phoenix-simulation.co.uk they told me that the time & date located on the init page of the Dash 8 FMS (rear overhead panel in the IK DC-9) is received from the FSUIPC module. Although the time is correct the date is always 45 days behind. Why?

The date/time is not produced or in any way tampered with by FSUIPC, it is only exposed for applications to access. The time is given by FS with Seconds, and Hours and Minutes on a 24-hour clock. Two sets of hours and minutes are given, one Zulu (UTC or GMT) and the other Local Time.

The date is given as a Year and a Day number in the year. The application would be calculating the actual month and day of month from that -- it sounds very much as if it has got those calculations wrong! I'd report it as a bug if I were you.

I think there is a bug in FS which makes the day number one out -- i.e. one day, not 45 days out. It doesn't always occur, and is probably due to a mix-up over whether Jan 1st is day 0 or day 1 in different parts of FS.

Pete