The simFlight Network Forums

Blackout simulation

nauwa

I wonder if it's possible to change the g-force value when the screen begins to "black out". In my SAAB Viggen cockpit simulator, I have a working g-suit, g-simulation in the ejection seat and now a possibility to dim all cockpit lights. The original Viggen simulator dim the cockpit when exeeding +6G, but MSFS darkens the screen above +4G.

I would like to be able to change in FS so the screen "blacks out" when exeeding +6G so I have it in sync with my hardware.

Perhaps an idéa for next FSUIPC version if it is possible.

Regards

Johan Nauwelaertz de Agé

The Mobile Flightsimulators

Sweden

I would like to be able to change in FS so the screen "blacks out" when exeeding +6G so I have it in sync with my hardware.

Perhaps an idéa for next FSUIPC version if it is possible.

Well, I never! I didn't even know FS did that. I certainly have never come across anything that I would recognise as a trigger value for this. If you know where this is or how it is set I can certainly add a setting for it. Perhaps you could ask around in an aircraft designers forum someplace?

Regards,

Pete

I don't have a clue where to look, but I will continue my research. The only thing I know is that there is an option in FS to set it to on or off.

Try http://www.flightsimmer.com/. I think they get some capable technical folks there. If they don't know I expect they could tell you where else.

Regards,

Pete