The simFlight Network Forums

Puzzled

I am currently using version 2.96 of FSUIPC.I downloaded and installed (on FS2002) FSM Moving Map,which doesn't appear to work well perhaps because the software manual demands at least FSUIPC version 3.44.I spotted a version 3.5 and I need to know whether I can download it free of charge as I did with version 2.96 or if I have to purchase it.If I click :?: the download link I get it ready to go but,as I said,I don't know if I will have to pay after a trial period.Can Pete or someone else help me on this?Thanks.

Carlo

I spotted a version 3.5 and I need to know whether I can download it free of charge as I did with version 2.96 or if I have to purchase it.

You can download it and use it with freeware applications that have an access key, and also with accredited payware programs.

Without paying you don't get any of the user facilities, that's all.

Can Pete or someone else help me on this?Thanks.

There are announcements at the top of this Forum explaining everything. Also, if you download the ZIP and read the user guide, everything is explained there too.

Pete

OK,Pete,it's clear.One last question:with the installation of freeware v3.5,is it still the case of simply replacing the old FSUIPC.DLL with the new one,or is there now a self-installation procedure?

1. There's no "freeware" and "payware" FSUIPC, only the one FSUIPC. If it is user-registered you can access the extra facilities, if it isn't, you can't, that's all.

2. The installation is as described in the User documentation, which of course is part of the purpose of such documentation. And yes, it is just a matter of copying the DLL. Since this is so simple, and since it is thus made so clear that nothing else, hidden, is going on, I prefer such a method. Self-installers always leave me wondering what's gone where, and especially what horrid entries they've made into the Registry.

Pete