The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Programming.....

I have a registered version of fsuipc and I want to know how I go about programming it. I am using the CH throttle quad, and I want to know how to programm the props as well as the mixture.

If you are wanting to write a program to interface to FSUIPC then you'll find all you need in the FSUIPC SDK, available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

If you simply mean "assigning an axis" to perform those functions, then first of all you calibrate your joystick axes in Windows Game Controllers, then, in FS, go to Options-Controls-Assignments, assign the functions you want. Then check the Sensitivities menu to make sure they are all set to maximum sensitivity and minimum null zone. This is the proper procedure for any joystick attachment.

Then test them.

If you want more precise minima, maxima, and possibly some filtering or response curves applying, then (and only then) go to the Joysticks part of the FSUIPC options and follow the instructions, step-by-step, given in the user documentation.

For special help with the CH throttle quadrant you may want to check out further documents written by the expert, Bob Church. There are some threads on this here somewhere -- do a search on that name. Bob has published a useful document on his website.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

If I understand you correctly, I really do not need FSUIPC to work in conjunction with my CH throttle quad. I thought I did. I don't need to add any performance curve etc... Now I need to know how I un do what I already did, trying to program it. How do I erase the vales that keep showing up?

PS: Thank you for you're fast reply to my 1st post.

If I understand you correctly, I really do not need FSUIPC to work in conjunction with my CH throttle quad. I thought I did.

Hmm. Why would you think that? I don't think CH would ever supply a device that needs a third party program in order to work. No! They provide their own drivers. FSUIPC is not a device driver by any stretch of the imagination.

However, that said, some folks have found they can get better use out of the quadrant using FSUIPC rather than, or sometimes together with, the CH control manager. Not having such a device myself, I really couldn't advise any further, which is why I referred you to the expert.

Now I need to know how I un do what I already did, trying to program it. How do I erase the vales that keep showing up?

"Erase" what values showing up where? FSUIPC does not provide any "programming" facilities for joysticks in any manner you seem to be thinking. It can, optionally, calibrate specific FS controls, internally, which may be assigned, externally, to joystick axes. That is all.

In the joysticks section an axis is calibrated by FSUIPC if it displays the Min/Centre/Max values (or whatever are appropriate to the axis) and the top left button in the axis section says "Reset". If you press the "reset" button, it resets the calibration and then FSUIPC has nothing whatsoever to do with it. The button will then read "Set", meaning that you press it to set it.

This is in the user documentation, which I really do recommend you peruse at some stage.

Regards,

Pete