The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS + Rogerwilco HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

I've been trying to do this now for over an hour and its driving me nut (arrrhhhh :oops: ), all i want is to press "F12" on my Flight sim machine and it will make my rogerwilco trasmit on another machine.

I have installed Widefs on both machines and the client will connect to the server (i;ve tries it with Active sky and all works well).

But i can't make head nor tail of instructions. I have put ActiveKey=Yes and KeySend123=Rwon in both ini files and nothing happens.

Anyone got any example fies they can send me or a url with an example?

thanks in advance

Andy

Hi all,

I've been trying to do this now for over an hour and its driving me nut (arrrhhhh :oops: ), all i want is to press "F12" on my Flight sim machine and it will make my rogerwilco trasmit on another machine.

I have installed Widefs on both machines and the client will connect to the server (i;ve tries it with Active sky and all works well).

But i can't make head nor tail of instructions. I have put ActiveKey=Yes and KeySend123=Rwon in both ini files and nothing happens.

Anyone got any example fies they can send me or a url with an example?

thanks in advance

Andy

Press ALT M F to get into FSUIPC option. Select the Keys page. Set it to use your F12 press to send KeySend with parameter 1 (say) on press, and parameter 2 (say) on release.

Then, in the WideClient.ini on the RW PC add the Keysend 1 and 2 definitions for RWon and RWoff, respectively.

That's all. This is all exactly as described in the documents. What is the problem with those, please?

>>But i can't make head nor tail of instructions. I have put ActiveKey=Yes and KeySend123=Rwon in both ini files and nothing happens. <<

What is "KeySend123"? Where do you get that from? What do you mean by "both ini files"? Surely you only have one Pc with RW running? You are not making any sense.

Pete

Press ALT M F to get into FSUIPC option. Select the Keys page. Set it to use your F12 press to send KeySend with parameter 1 (say) on press, and parameter 2 (say) on release.

Then, in the WideClient.ini on the RW PC add the Keysend 1 and 2 definitions for RWon and RWoff, respectively.

That's all. This is all exactly as described in the documents. What is the problem with those, please?

>>But i can't make head nor tail of instructions. I have put ActiveKey=Yes and KeySend123=Rwon in both ini files and nothing happens. <<

What is "KeySend123"? Where do you get that from? What do you mean by "both ini files"? Surely you only have one Pc with RW running? You are not making any sense.

Pete

Pete

Thanks for the reply pete i'll give it a go.

No i'm probably not making any sense :wink: i'm over thinking the problem. i though the keysend was the windows virtual key assignment i.e. 123 being "F12", rather than Keysend1, keysend2 just being parameters.

anyhow i'll give it a go and let you know.

THanks

Andy

Pete

Thanks for the reply pete i'll give it a go.

No i'm probably not making any sense :wink: i'm over thinking the problem. i though the keysend was the windows virtual key assignment i.e. 123 being "F12", rather than Keysend1, keysend2 just being parameters.

anyhow i'll give it a go and let you know.

THanks

Andy

Ok, ive done exactly as instructed, and it doesn't work. I have the ActionKeys=Yes

KeySend1=Rwon

Keysend2=Rwoff

in the Wideclient, and just the default stuff in server.ini. in fsuipc i have set keys to F12 with param 1 as RWon and Param 2 and Rwoff.

I have Rogerwilco fired up on the client machine, and FLightsim on the serverpc. I can press F12 on the server and nothing happens, press it on the client and it transmitts?

server file

; PLEASE SEE the documentation for parameter details

; ==================================================

[Config]

UseTCPIP=Yes

Port=8002

; -----------------------------------------------

[user]

Log=Errors+

; ===============================================

clientfile

; PLEASE SEE WideFS documentation for parameter details

; =====================================================

[Config]

UseTCPIP=YES

ServerIPAddr=192.168.100.100

Port=8002

Window=607,1,418,45

Visible=Yes

Timeout=20

[user]

Log=Errors+

ActionKeys=Yes

KeySend1=Rwon

KeySend2=Rwoff

Ok, ive done exactly as instructed, and it doesn't work. I have the ActionKeys=Yes

KeySend1=Rwon

Keysend2=Rwoff

in the Wideclient, and just the default stuff in server.ini. in fsuipc i have set keys to F12 with param 1 as RWon and Param 2 and Rwoff.

I have Rogerwilco fired up on the client machine, and FLightsim on the serverpc. I can press F12 on the server and nothing happens, press it on the client and it transmitts?

server file

; PLEASE SEE the documentation for parameter details

; ==================================================

[Config]

UseTCPIP=Yes

Port=8002

[user]

Log=Errors+

clientfile

; PLEASE SEE WideFS documentation for parameter details

; =====================================================

[Config]

UseTCPIP=YES

ServerIPAddr=192.168.100.100

Port=8002

Window=607,1,418,45

Visible=Yes

Timeout=20

[user]

Log=Errors+

ActionKeys=Yes

KeySend1=Rwon

KeySend2=Rwoff

Ok, ive done exactly as instructed, and it doesn't work.

But that's only because you've done it wrong!

I have the ActionKeys=Yes

KeySend1=Rwon

Keysend2=Rwoff

That part's okay.

in fsuipc i have set keys to F12 with param 1 as RWon and Param 2 and Rwoff.

But that is wrong for WideFS. The built-in RWon and RWoff controls in FSUIPC are being transmitted in the Server. You don't have RW running in the Server. you are trying to use KeySends. So you program FSUIPC to send a KeySend with parameter 1 for press and a KeySend with parameter 2 for release. Please read the documentation again, it should become very clear to you that FSUIPC controls are for the SERVER. For WideFS you use KeySends -- with parameters to tell FSUIPC what KeySend numbers to send. That's why you define the correctly numbered KeySends in the Client INI. The numbers relate!!

This is explained in the WideFS documentation as well as the FSUIPC documentation.

Pete

Ok, ive done exactly as instructed, and it doesn't work.

But that's only because you've done it wrong!

I have the ActionKeys=Yes

KeySend1=Rwon

Keysend2=Rwoff

That part's okay.

in fsuipc i have set keys to F12 with param 1 as RWon and Param 2 and Rwoff.

But that is wrong for WideFS. The built-in RWon and RWoff controls in FSUIPC are being transmitted in the Server. You don't have RW running in the Server. you are trying to use KeySends. So you program FSUIPC to send a KeySend with parameter 1 for press and a KeySend with parameter 2 for release. Please read the documentation again, it should become very clear to you that FSUIPC controls are for the SERVER. For WideFS you use KeySends -- with parameters to tell FSUIPC what KeySend numbers to send. That's why you define the correctly numbered KeySends in the Client INI. The numbers relate!!

This is explained in the WideFS documentation as well as the FSUIPC documentation.

Pete