The simFlight Network Forums

No offsets for the aircraft doors ?

Hello Peter, hello everybody.

I'm in need to use the FSUIPC offsets related to internal FS actions, that's to say opening and closing the aircraft doors.

It must be said that I'm still using FS2002.

I read the long offset list provided with the FSUIPC SDK, but found no entry about this item ...

What did I miss ?

Thanks and regards ...

Eugenio.

:roll:

I'm in need to use the FSUIPC offsets related to internal FS actions, that's to say opening and closing the aircraft doors.

It must be said that I'm still using FS2002.

I read the long offset list provided with the FSUIPC SDK, but found no entry about this item ...

What did I miss ?

To open and close doors you will need to send the appropriate FS control via offset 3110. Controls are listed in a separate document in the FSUIPC Zip package.

Unfortunately there appears to be no way to select secondary doors and so on without using the number keys (on the main keyboard) or sending the equivalent values or controls, and, like the pushback direction (Shift+P then 1 or 2) and Engine selection (E then 1,2,3,4), these can be upset by intervening controls. FSUIPC does try to help out by it cannot guarantee success -- it would be ideal if the main FS controls had the numeric value as a parameter, but they don't.

As for detecting the state of the doors (open or closed), I'm afraid I only ever managed to find the indication for the main doors, and that for FS2004 only -- sorry, I just haven't had time to delve backwards into FS2002. The FS2004 indication is at offset 3367.

Regards,

Pete

Do you think that I could try by myself to detect that offset in FS2002, using FS-Interrogate ?

Only in FS98 or possibly FS2000, as since FS2002 nothing is available in the "global" offsets areas which you can find. 90% of the offsets provided in FSUIPC are now explicitly mapped after I've located the data by hacking the code. It takes me roughly a week or so of long hours to delve deep enough to even start finding things, and that's for areas I know. I wouldn't know where to start for doors -- if you have the tools and know C/C++ and ASM well you could try tracing things through and examining disassemblies, but I couldn't even point to the correct FS module for you to start with I'm afraid.

Regards,

Pete