The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC keystoke combinations

Hi,

I am researching a bit on FSUIPC in order to be sure it can support what I have in mind for a project.

- what is the maximum keystrokes permitted in a combination?

- is it possible to use CTRL + F1 + A as a keystroke combination?

- what about CTRL + A + B (this would open more possibilities than I could ever need)?

One shortcoming I have found using the FS2004 keystrokes is the very limitted selection available. I am hoping that FSUIPC is a little more flexible.

Thanks!

Robert

:)

- what is the maximum keystrokes permitted in a combination?

Any or all of the Shift keys (Shift, Ctrl, Tab, Windows and Menu, also ALT, but not recommended due to its effect on the menu) or none of those, plus any "ordinary" key (graphic/function/arrow/numpad keys).

Without ALT that adds up to something over 6000 combinations I think (rough estimate). However, that far exceeds the number of individual assignments currently allowed -- the limit is 1024 entries (though that can be a different 1024 for each aircraft, if you want aircraft-specific allocations).

- is it possible to use CTRL + F1 + A as a keystroke combination?

No.

- what about CTRL + A + B (this would open more possibilities than I could ever need)?

No.

In both examples you have multiple "active" keys. FSUIPC detects the 5 or 6 keys it treats as "shifts" or "modifiers", which you hold down first, then as soon as you press one of the others the action/allocation is registered.

Please see the Advanced Users documentation in the FSUIPC Zip package. It gives you more detailed information

Regards,

Pete