The simFlight Network Forums

Reverse trust

I cannot find adress of reverse trust for 2 jet engine Tornado

What address in what program? Sorry, you need to be a little more explicit. Are you writing a program, designing an aircraft, or merely trying to calibrate a throttle quadrant? What programs are you using? Is this with FS2004?

Pete

I am trying to control from real panel some functions, as flaps, airbrake, reverse trust trought Opencockpits software and hardware.

The software is FS2004 and the aircraft is Tornado from Lago.

I founded in FSUIPC sdk adress for all except for reverse trust.

Sorry for non explicity

Regards

Marco Fantino

I am trying to control from real panel some functions, as flaps, airbrake, reverse trust trought Opencockpits software and hardware.

The software is FS2004 and the aircraft is Tornado from Lago.

I founded in FSUIPC sdk adress for all except for reverse trust.

Assuming you mean reverse thrust, then this is simply the same as a forward throttle setting except it is negative. Whilst full forward thrust (100%) is obtained by a throttle setting of 16384, the maximum reverse thrust is less, varying from aircraft to aircraft, but usually around 25% -- ie -4096.

You can read the maximum reverse (i.e. minimum thrust value, going negative) at offset 0B00, as documented. Also, if you look at the document entries for the separate throttles (e,g, 088C for Engine 1) you will see they are described as "Throttle lever, –4096 to +16384". Didn't a negative throttle value suggest reverse to you?

Regards,

Pete

The "thrust" I am searching is not 0B00.

In Lago Tornado reverse is a folding flaps that are activated , only if the throtle 088C is 0, by F2 and deactivated by F1. When reverse is activated the throttle value stay at 0 and dont go to negative.

How can I investigate what adress is involved by pressing F2?

Regards

Marco

How can I investigate what adress is involved by pressing F2?

Only the throttle -- F2 is default assigned to "throttle decrement". If it is at zero, then F2 does make it go negative. That's how it works. If you are not seeing that you are looking in the wrong place.

Regards,

Pete

Many thanks for your kind explanation.

With Lago Tornado work little bit different.

-During reverse activation $0B00 stay always at 60623.

-F4 set throttle to max 16384

-F1 set throttle to 0 and desactivate reverse

-F2 continuously pushed, set first throttle to 65024 decreasing to 60622 until rotation stop.

If I simulate trought a adress setting software I can activate reverse in two way:

1) Setting throttle to 65024

2) Setting throttle to - 4096

In both cases setting throttle to 0 reverse is desactivated

Whay throttle $0883 can accept 65024 value if their range is -4096 +16384?

How to force , in a real throttle with linear pot, $0883 to 65024 or -4096 if throttle pot ask for 0?

Many thaks

Marco Fantino

How

Many thanks for your kind explanation.

With Lago Tornado work little bit different.

-During reverse activation $0B00 stay always at 60623.

That is not 60623 but -4913, You are reading it as a 16bit unsigned (U16) whereas it is in fact a 16-bit signed.

All you are seeing is the maximum reverse thrust setting.

-F4 set throttle to max 16384

-F1 set throttle to 0 and desactivate reverse

-F2 continuously pushed, set first throttle to 65024 decreasing to 60622 until rotation stop.

Yes, exactly, except 65024 is -512 etc. You need to read SIGNED values!

That is the same for all aircraft with reverse thrust, except that the stopping point is different for each according to the AIR/CFG file max reverse parameter. The FS decrement is 512 -- so it decreases first for 0 to -512 then to -1024 etc.

Whay throttle $0883 can accept 65024 value if their range is -4096 +16384?

Because you are reading it incorrectly. It is a signed number. There are no such numbers as 65024 in a 16bit signed number, the only possible range is -32768 to +32767. You need to read a little about computers to understand numeric representations a little.

There is absolutely no difference in the reverse thruat arrangements in your aircraft from any other FS jet aircraft.

Regards,

Pete